• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
You do accept that Tom Watson is an odious piece of sh!te who deserves no place in our public life.
He should be banished from the Lords for denying us our 2019 Portillo moment, if for nothing else, lolz.

A coward as well as a PoS.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

He should be banished from the Lords for denying us our 2019 Portillo moment, if for nothing else, lolz.

A coward as well as a PoS.
Still not forgiven him for denying us that Ryder Cup moment at The Belfry in 1993 then?

Maybe an "odious piece of sh!the" for that at least but he stepped away from public golfing life long ago.

(Must admit though, not even Google had him listed as an MCC member)

Mr Jinx

Not really. One more off the public payroll hopefully. There already more than a sufficiency of Tory turds hurtling themselves off Westminster bridge without yet another trying to add to the Thames Water open drain.
At least they know when to go. Unlike Diane Abbot, Liam Byrne, Lady Nugee et al on the other side who are sticking around to remind us what we're letting ourselves in for if Labour do happen to win an election.

tavyred

It would take many paragraphs to explain why things don't work and I am too busy with the Quiz at present to reply fully.
Fair enough, but the narrative that says public services will just swallow up tax payers cash ad infinitum and still be sh1te is wrong in my opinion.
We’ve spent decades, under the guise of ‘reform’ diverting money away from public services and expecting no diminution in delivery and we are where we are now because of it.
There needs to be a fundamental and probably deeply uncomfortable discussion on what we want our Governments to spend our money on.
No political party is grasping that simple truth yet.

Grecian2K

At least they know when to go. Unlike Diane Abbot, Liam Byrne, Lady Nugee et al on the other side who are sticking around to remind us what we're letting ourselves in for if Labour do happen to win an election.
Of course, totally unlike Truss, Kwarteng, May, Rees-Mogg, Villiers, Shapps, Coffey, Braverman, Badenough et al who are still eagerly keeping their snouts in the public trough.

And who have definitively proved how to wreck a country.

Oh the (presumably unintended) irony! 😭

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
You do accept that Tom Watson is an odious piece of sh!te who deserves no place in our public life.
That description applies to at least half of both houses.

Alistair20000

That description applies to at least half of both houses.
I asked specifically about Tom Watson.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I asked specifically about Tom Watson.
Sure if it makes you happy.

Alistair20000

Sure if it makes you happy.
It please me that you are objective on this matter. Some are not.

arthur

It is indeed about choices but also unrealistic expectations on the part of too many people. Plenty of private sector workers are taking below inflation rises and if they ask for too much there won’t be a job.

Plenty of small businesses employing folk that are struggling and even on the point of collapse.
As Tavy has so eloquently pointed out, you can't buck the Labour market. And you, a believer in the free market I'm sure, must recognise that?

I was much cheered a few years ago when Dominic Sandbrook, viewed by many as a right of centre popular historian, observed that Scargillite "free collective bargaining" was essentially Thatcherite in nature - you use your power (collective rather than individual in this case) to get what you can.