• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
It is indeed about choices but also unrealistic expectations on the part of too many people. Plenty of private sector workers are taking below inflation rises and if they ask for too much there won’t be a job.

Plenty of small businesses employing folk that are struggling and even on the point of collapse.
Unrealistic or not, folks are free to move jobs as they see fit and the last time I looked wage rises in the private sector are running two/three times higher than the public sector. One of the few ways Governments can rein in public expenditure is to keep wages lower in the public sector, but let’s not kid ourselves that ‘choice’ doesn’t impact on industrial relations and the recruitment and retention of staff. You quite often bemoan that nothing works properly in this country anymore.
Ever thought this is why?

Mr Jinx

Go for the jugular on feckers like Lady Mone, strip them of their titles and all their assets ?
And put life-ruiner Noncefinder General in her place you mean?

Grecian2K

And put life-ruiner Noncefinder General in her place you mean?
Genuinely puzzled here Jigzy.
Who exactly is this "Noncefinder General" you have suddenly taken to referencing? You clearly have a more encyclopaedic insight to "noncery" than I have.
And why should he (or she) take Moan's place?

Grecian2K

Oh, and in other "broken news" Tw@t Hanc0ck is the latest rat to decamp from the sinking Tory ship.

Good riddance.

Mr Jinx

Who exactly is this "Noncefinder General" you have suddenly taken to referencing? You clearly have a more encyclopaedic insight to "noncery" than I have.
Been referencing it for a while. And have you given up using google or summat? Do keep up, purleease.

Mr Jinx

Oh, and in other "broken news" Tw@t Hanc0ck is the latest rat to decamp from the sinking Tory ship.

Good riddance.
Surely, were you wanting the Tories to be damaged further, you'd want him to stick around, like a bad smell.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a very old joke from the pages of the Daily Mail about Tom Watson. Stealing witticisms from the Mail is bad enough, stealing them from what I'm guessing was over a decade ago is cringeworthy in the extreme.

Grecian2K

Surely, were you wanting the Tories to be damaged further, you'd want him to stick around, like a bad smell.
Not really. One more off the public payroll hopefully. There already more than a sufficiency of Tory turds hurtling themselves off Westminster bridge without yet another trying to add to the Thames Water open drain.

Alistair20000

Unrealistic or not, folks are free to move jobs as they see fit and the last time I looked wage rises in the private sector are running two/three times higher than the public sector. One of the few ways Governments can rein in public expenditure is to keep wages lower in the public sector, but let’s not kid ourselves that ‘choice’ doesn’t impact on industrial relations and the recruitment and retention of staff. You quite often bemoan that nothing works properly in this country anymore.
Ever thought this is why?
It would take many paragraphs to explain why things don't work and I am too busy with the Quiz at present to reply fully.

Alistair20000

It's a very old joke from the pages of the Daily Mail about Tom Watson. Stealing witticisms from the Mail is bad enough, stealing them from what I'm guessing was over a decade ago is cringeworthy in the extreme.
You do accept that Tom Watson is an odious piece of sh!te who deserves no place in our public life.