• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EACQ 2022 Roy's Pop Up Bank

Bridgy 81

Perhaps it simply reminds me of the infamous old crossword clue :-
HIJKLMNO (5) ? :unsure:
The one mentioned above I think is water i.e. H2O, so on that basis could the AEIOU one be similar with the first and last letters pointing to Exewebber Angelic Upstart?

Tim Long

Vowels value in Scrabble are 1. Hence AEIOU is 11111, which is 31 in binary. The 1931 FA Cup run. Easy. Where's my point?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Vowels value in Scrabble are 1. Hence AEIOU is 11111, which is 31 in binary. The 1931 FA Cup run. Easy. Where's my point?
Computer says No

Alistair20000

ANNOUNCEMENT

The unsolved question will remain open for conversion and answers can be put in the overnight deposit box

Banksy

Into the night safe then if that’s permissible. iou = somebody owes somebody else something , other two vowels e a = Ethan Ampadu. So it’s the transfer of Ethan to Chelsea plus the numerous moans on here on what we were done out of on the deal.
If that’s convoluted then so is Al’s question.
Like Clint , in all the excitement I kinda forgot how many bullets I’ve got left on this one , but I’ll reserve them for later.

Alistair20000

Into the night safe then if that’s permissible. iou = somebody owes somebody else something , other two vowels e a = Ethan Ampadu. So it’s the transfer of Ethan to Chelsea plus the numerous moans on here on what we were done out of on the deal.
If that’s convoluted then so is Al’s question.
Like Clint , in all the excitement I kinda forgot how many bullets I’ve got left on this one , but I’ll reserve them for later.
Your post #28 was taken as a passing comment to the cashier and not an attempt to cash a Roy so you have two goes left on this question.

The rule of three is per question and not per day.

Banksy

O.k then I’ll go one more and keep one bullet in reserve.
The Songs/Chants thread here on Exeweb

Tim Long

To use up my quota:
AEIOU - "A-E-A-E-I-O-U-U' - IOU by Freeez - Freeez - The Iceman - Jokull Andresson.
The current cold snap ie proper winter

Alternatively: The Antique Description and Account of the City of Exeter by John Vowell. He was also known as Hooker, which would have made a more interesting picture. Don't know whether he is any relation of Robert Hooker or John Lee Hooker. Or even Alan Hooker.

Swanaldo

IOU = somebody owes somebody else something , other two vowels e a = Ethan Ampadu.
Can I just say that this is genius.

Alistair20000

Can I just say that this is genius.
I would agree. 👏 👏 👏

A shame the Bank only cashes Roys and does not issue them. :(