• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnsley (H) Sat Jan 7th Postponed (Moved to Midweek)

Information

Barnsley made the third round yesterday which is due to be played on that weekend

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Barnsley made the third round yesterday which is due to be played on that weekend
will it be moved straight to Tuesday 3 days later? That would (I think) be better from an ECFC playing perspective because otherwise we have a 13 day gap between fixtures *and* another 3 game week later in the season (we are at real disadvantage in 3 game weeks, due to having such a small number of players)

andrew p long

PS the good news is that this shouldn't happen to us again this season as the 4th round day is v MKD who have been knocked out. 5th round is a midweek and if our scheduled opponent gets to the 6th round, well by the time we get a rearranged fixture they will have a fixture pile up!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
will it be moved straight to Tuesday 3 days later? That would (I think) be better from an ECFC playing perspective because otherwise we have a 13 day gap between fixtures *and* another 3 game week later in the season (we are at real disadvantage in 3 game weeks, due to having such a small number of players)
Is it possible it could be moved to one of the free Tuesdays in December?

Colesman Ballz

Is it possible it could be moved to one of the free Tuesdays in December?
Given the glaring "holes" in our squad which presumably we are intending to address in the forthcoming window, I can't see any upside in bringing the match forward to December.

denzel

Play it on January 8th, that'll teach Barnsley for winning Cup matches 😆

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given the glaring "holes" in our squad which presumably we are intending to address in the forthcoming window, I can't see any upside in bringing the match forward to December.
I’m never quite sure how much choice we have in these decisions. Already this year we’ve played re-arranged games against Forest Green and Charlton on dates that were less than ideal for us.
Anyway, thinking about it, the World Cup probably makes a December date unlikely.

Last edited:

Information

No it will not be that early because Barnsley may have a Sunday or Monday FA Cup match

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
No it will not be that early because Barnsley may have a Sunday or Monday FA Cup match
And a replay on Tuesday 17th.

A Tuesday in March seems more sensible, but we all know the EFL put pressure on clubs to rearrange games as soon as possible after the postponement. So my forecast is Tuesday 24th January.

denzel

Away to Derby. Unlikely