• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
It depends.

Given the bile currently dripping from leftists, I'd say Twitter making it to this time next year would be a first step along the way.

It quite evidently was a failed business model. Maybe it still will fail, but root and branch reform was needed and that is what will happen/happening.
Bile from leftists, drivel from rightist. What's the difference?

Reactions: DB9

Mr Jinx

"Join the dots" meaning "I'll make it up".
How else could you interpret it?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
How else could you interpret it?
I'm sure it's nothing to do with the several thousand accounts they banned following the spike.

Much more likely that Musk (who tried to pull out of the twitter deal because there were too many bots on the site) has secretly "managed to eliminate much of the botting" and not mentioned it at all. He's well known for his modesty, so I'm sure he doesn't want the plaudits for solving a problem that no website has ever been able to do.

Mr Jinx

I'm sure it's nothing to do with the several thousand accounts they banned following the spike.

Much more likely that Musk (who tried to pull out of the twitter deal because there were too many bots on the site) has secretly "managed to eliminate much of the botting" and not mentioned it at all. He's well known for his modesty, so I'm sure he doesn't want the plaudits for solving a problem that no website has ever been able to do.
And ppl say I go wild with conspiracy theories!

If he had completely eliminated all (or most) of the botting we'd have certainly heard about it from the horses mouth.

What surprises me is that there wasn't blocking previously on accounts that were posting much quicker than a human could type. So I wonder yet again what those 7000 staff were doing previously.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
And ppl say I go wild with conspiracy theories!

If he had completely eliminated all (or most) of the botting we'd have certainly heard about it from the horses mouth.

What surprises me is that there wasn't blocking previously on accounts that were posting much quicker than a human could type. So I wonder yet again what those 7000 staff were doing previously.
Finally we get to the point, which is that he hasn't "managed to eliminate much of the botting", as you claimed. Jesus wept, that was a waste of time.

DB9

Kanye West announces 2024 Presidential bid.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kanye West announces 2024 Presidential bid.
Let's see if he can top the 70k votes he got last time.

DB9

Let's see if he can top the 70k votes he got last time.
He should at least get his name on the ballot in all the states unlike last time because he left it so late to announce he was running.

Mr Jinx

Care to explain all the below?:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Care to explain all the below?:

pic.twitter.com/8LLXrwylta
Sure. He came in and made a load of stupid changes that made everything spike, then reversed most of it and everything went back to how it was before. Now he's taking credit for doing nothing except massively ramping up twitter's debt and losing millions in advertising.

Still nothing on bots though. Someone told me Musk had "managed to eliminate much of the botting". Pretty sure they were talking out of their bum.

As an aside, you'd thought the richest man in the world could afford a proofreader to check the dates on his graphs.