• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
What is the breakdown of that figure. Seems suggested a good percentage is down to foreign students returning after lockdown etc. I haven't looked, but surely the breakdown will either confirm or quell your concerns.
You know what....I really don't know as I haven't had time to go through the figures. It seems high, but I suspect they now include groups like students that weren't included before.

DB9

Why? Because you appear to have no real opinion on anything. Apart from thinking it's a good idea to have a frequent dig at the Tories/Farage. For no apparent reason, evidently.

Ok, let's try some more questions. Do you support FoM or not? If it's that bad, would you scrap the points system if you were PM? If so, what would you replace it with?
I have a "Dig" at the Tories because they're in power and have been for the last 12 years and imo lied and screwed us over as a nation while trying to demonise vunerable people, If any other party were the same Id do the same, Also why can't i have a dig at them, I've not voted for them, I don't like their politics and as for Farage, He's a one policy person who nows spends his time with his binoculars down at Dover counting, He like the Tories try to convince they are "Men of the people" or "Anti-Establishment" when in fact they are the epitomy of the establishment. As for the other question, I do not pretend, Unlike you to know all about these things but i do know when i feel something is wrong.

Reactions: Egg

Mr Jinx

I have a "Dig" at the Tories because they're in power and have been for the last 12 years and imo lied and screwed us over as a nation while trying to demonise vunerable people, If any other party were the same Id do the same, Also why can't i have a dig at them, I've not voted for them, I don't like their politics and as for Farage, He's a one policy person who nows spends his time with his binoculars down at Dover counting, He like the Tories try to convince they are "Men of the people" or "Anti-Establishment" when in fact they are the epitomy of the establishment. As for the other question, I do not pretend, Unlike you to know all about these things but i do know when i feel something is wrong.
Answers to my questions on a postcard please.

We're waiting.

DB9

Answers to my questions on a postcard please.

We're waiting.
Sorry if its not good enough but the above is my answer. Don't think anyone is waiting.

Mr Jinx

Sorry if its not good enough but the above is my answer. Don't think anyone is waiting.
And there we have it: DB9, the man with no real view on anything, apart from the right is bad.

That's ok. You're not at all alone.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
You know what....I really don't know as I haven't had time to go through the figures. It seems high, but I suspect they now include groups like students that weren't included before.
But this sums up the problem to a degree. Take the headline figure, portray it as end of the world style. Check the figures and see if the breakdown quells or confirms you concerns.

DB9

And there we have it: DB9, the man with no real view on anything, apart from the right is bad.

Fine, You don't accept my answer, I can live with that. Jinxy, The "Main man" and "Font of all knowledge" on Exeweb, We really aren't worthy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Students have always been included in immigration figures.

angelic upstart

You can be relaxed about high levels of inward migration and still view the dinghy crossings as an absolute p1ss take DB.
How sustainable do you think it is for the nation to be bringing in a similar number of people to the city of Leeds annually?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

Says the man who routinely responds he can’t be arsed when faced with a tricky delivery. Rank hypocrisy.