• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
So to take an example from the shortage occupations list say nursing. The Government say it can't afford wage increases. For the Government policy on immigration to work (on its own terms) it needs to incentivise UK citizens to do these jobs.
They have the money. They found plenty for the solicitors.

Maybe they could educate the UK in the first place.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Speaking of Farage, looks like he's run out of money. At least one of our number will be delighted though.

Mr Jinx

Yes i have one
And what's that mate, pray tell?

DB9

And what's that mate, pray tell?
Put it this way, It doesn't align with your views.

Mr Jinx

Speaking of Farage, looks like he's run out of money. At least one of our number will be delighted though.

Mmm...interesting. I'd still like to know what his position within Reform will be. Is he going to head it up, or just forward the odd tweet from Tice.

Either way, this isn't good news for Sunak. The Tories are going to need an arch Brexiteer as PM who can then do some kind of GE pact with Farage. Mmm....kinda sounds familiar...lolz

Mr Jinx

Put it this way, It doesn't align with your views.
Ooh you are a tease. Let's try and coax some nuggets out of you then.

Do you think a 500k PA ingress is ludicrously high, ludicrously low, or about right?

DB9

Do you think a 500k PA ingress is ludicrously high, ludicrously low, or about right?
Why you interested? Genuine question, TBH i have no thought about it, It seems to me that to satisfy the bigots the Tories have promised (And Failed) to get the numbers down to the 10k's, No one has said that those 504k are "Sponging, Taking our jobs etc" and all the other usual stuff some come out with.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mmm...interesting. I'd still like to know what his position within Reform will be. Is he going to head it up, or just forward the odd tweet from Tice.

Either way, this isn't good news for Sunak. The Tories are going to need an arch Brexiteer as PM who can then do some kind of GE pact with Farage. Mmm....kinda sounds familiar...lolz
Finkelstein was on Times Radio yesterday morning. He said, essentially, you should take anything said by Tice, or Farage, apropos Reform and what it might / might not do at the next General Election with a huge pinch of salt. Finkelstein said he'd reached out to both to substantiate some of their claims and been met with a complete wall of silence.

Mr Jinx

Why you interested? Genuine question, TBH i have no thought about it, It seems to me that to satisfy the bigots the Tories have promised (And Failed) to get the numbers down to the 10k's, No one has said that those 504k are "Sponging, Taking our jobs etc" and all the other usual stuff some come out with.
Why? Because you appear to have no real opinion on anything. Apart from thinking it's a good idea to have a frequent dig at the Tories/Farage. For no apparent reason, evidently.

Ok, let's try some more questions. Do you support FoM or not? If it's that bad, would you scrap the points system if you were PM? If so, what would you replace it with?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

What is the breakdown of that figure. Seems suggested a good percentage is down to foreign students returning after lockdown etc. I haven't looked, but surely the breakdown will either confirm or quell your concerns.