• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely buzzing for this today

I'd just like to add my input about the time of year..

I think the time of year is fantastic, this time of year the majority in the UK is a festive year why not also add a world cup to our Christmas celebrations.

Drink prices etc in Qatar - Don't go if you can not afford it, if you can then enjoy. As for not having any alcohol in the stands, well done to Qatar, alcohol ruins football for many so a one-off tournament that's not fueled by angry fans urinating in street corners and fighting will be nice to watch..

Last but not least, many footballs fans would love the Saudi money injection at their own club and you don't see Newcastle or Man City fans refusuing to go to games so don't moan about the rules of the world cup. They live very different lives to the west and we have to respect the rules.

I cannot wait for this. IT'S COMING HOME!
Totally agree and great to see supporters feeling safe enough to bring their young children to a competitive England men’s International which sadly wouldn’t happen anywhere in the U.K.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Argentina 1:2 Saudi Arabia 😮
When I see that I just think I wonder how much they paid them. Sorry for my cynicism but this shoddy world cup is just a non event for me, not just a non event, a travesty to the entire history of world football.

fred binneys head

I thought that too but then Argentina had three or four goals disallowed and Saudi’s winner was an absolute screamer, so if it was thrown then Argentina should win the “World Cup of throwing games”.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I thought that too but then Argentina had three or four goals disallowed and Saudi’s winner was an absolute screamer, so if it was thrown then Argentina should win the “World Cup of throwing games”.
Didnt realise Huxtable was out there

Avening Posse

That Argentina result must be one of the biggest World Cup upsets ever?. I hope the Socceroo’s can get a similar upset against the French

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree and great to see supporters feeling safe enough to bring their young children to a competitive England men’s International which sadly wouldn’t happen anywhere in the U.K.
Wouldn't it? You see loads of kids at England matches...

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't it? You see loads of kids at England matches...
I am talking about very young children/toddlers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm currently in Italy. It's like the World Cup isn't on! Are Italy missing from the competition? :ROFLMAO:

angelic upstart

I'm currently in Italy. It's like the World Cup isn't on! Are Italy missing from the competition? :ROFLMAO:
Whereabouts in Italy?

On topic, I thought Lucas Pacqueta was a class act for Brazil last night. It's a wonder how he plays in a totally different position for WHU in the Premier league and Soucek gets the coveted spot in centre midfield.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Whereabouts in Italy?

On topic, I thought Lucas Pacqueta was a class act for Brazil last night. It's a wonder how he plays in a totally different position for WHU in the Premier league and Soucek gets the coveted spot in centre midfield.
Treviso. Off to Bologna this morning.