• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC 2022 Yay or "Meh"

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saw a report yesterday saying it that some high ranking Quatari’s are regretting the £200bn it cost to buy the WC as it’s brought the sort of scrutiny they can do without.
They're only in the spotlight for a few weeks and sadly all this will be forgotten and the Quatari's will be able to go about their own bigoted ways without anyone saying a thing. Also didn't realise that other than being one of the biggest landowners in London they own 30% of Sainsbury's via some investment firms amongst other things.

Mr Jinx

Saw a report yesterday saying it that some high ranking Quatari’s are regretting the £200bn it cost to buy the WC
Less than half a UK covid spunking. Small beer imho.

DB9

Less than half a UK covid spunking. Small beer imho.
£200bn small beer? This WC has outspent all others by a country mile, It's a sporting event, Not a reaction to a pandemic.

Mr Jinx

£200bn small beer? This WC has outspent all others by a country mile, It's a sporting event, Not a reaction to a pandemic.
This is a country that not only air conditions its indoors, but its outdoors too! It's nothing to them.

Alistair20000

Qatar has the 4th or 5th highest GDP per capita in the whole world. On other measures it is the richest country in the world

DB9

I know all that, My point is £200bn was the most ever spent on a WC, You should move there Jinxy, Apparently they don't pay tax there, Right up your street.

Mr Jinx

I know all that, My point is £200bn was the most ever spent on a WC, You should move there Jinxy, Apparently they don't pay tax there, Right up your street.
I did get offered a job in Dubai once. The low tax thing was offset by ridiculous rents.

Besides, I don't actually hate the UK unlike most declinists on here.

Antony Moxey

Qatar has the 4th or 5th highest GDP per capita in the whole world. On other measures it is the richest country in the world
'Per capita'. :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DB9

I did get offered a job in Dubai once. The low tax thing was offset by ridiculous rents.

Besides, I don't actually hate the UK unlike most declinists on here.
Never seen anyone write they hate the UK on here but hey ho!

angelic upstart

Often overlooked in my view. My wife's cousin has just moved out there (for 3 years so he can then nigh on retire at 40!) and he's lucky as he gets 4 flights a year and 6 months paid rent. He's also extremely frugal but is also very surprised at the rental costs. He's no children or partner so will do just fine, but I am told that school fees are also really, really high.