• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Ipswich Town match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought they gave it to Jake Caprice?
Maybe I misheard. Either way it was still a joke of a decision. Had it not been for Blackman we could have easily gone down by four or more.

denzel

Extra Sky Cameras took few seats away
600 off the capacity though? I don't think it was just that. Very odd.

Grecianpasty

We need to start with nombe. I prefer us when we play a front three, or if we think we need a front two I’d drop stanno not nombe.
Based on today's performances Brown would have been the one to drop out for me.

tom_ecfc

Segregation between home and away fans?

Pete Martin (CTID)

I think our current maximum capacity is around 8,300. As I understand it, that has recently had to be further reduced by 10% to meet ground safety requirements = circa 7,500 - then a few lost to Sky as has been mentioned.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Losing 0-2 to the second placed team at home is no embarassment. Losing 0-2 at home to the bottom team two months ago most definitely was!!

Bridgy 81

Ipswich the better side but ref missed a defo pen for the same sort of foul that he booked sparks for🤔.
I thought that too.
I think it was strange that what seemed to me to be a similar degree of contact by Sparkes was penalized by a free kick and a card, whereas with Nombe (when it probably would have been a penalty, nothing was given, or perhaps that’s why nothing was given?).
And as someone else has said it was frustrating that none of the officials saw what was a clear foul on Dieng which led to their second goal.
But that being said we defended poorly for both goals and were saved several times on other occasions by Jamal.
I don’t think we deserved anything from the game today and Ipswich were pretty much in control for the whole match.
However, on the basis that you often learn more in defeat than in victory hopefully today has given Gary and his coaching team things to work on and further food for thought about what they may want to do with the squad in January.

fred binneys head

Nombe still got his shot away (badly because he was off balance). I think if he’d have ‘done a Sparkes’ and thrown himself to the ground he’d have got a penalty.

crocks

Nombe still got his shot away (badly because he was off balance). I think if he’d have ‘done a Sparkes’ and thrown himself to the ground he’d have got a penalty.
The ref looked over to the lino to see whether he would give it. Lino signalled goal kick and no penalty was awarded.

grecIAN Harris

He didn't need to. He was shoved with enough to be blatantly obvious to all except the ginger dwarf in the middle and the clown on the line who couldn't even give a throw in that was two yards in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.