• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ipswich Town (H) Discussion Thread

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

ECFC89

Sky taking this one seriously, maybe with more cameras than usual for a L1 game? I assume the commentary box will be in the corner of the BB nearest the railway? Sounds like there will be no more tickets.

BTW, I hope the BB will keep the language down, but fear they won't. :mad:
Buzzing for this debate.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a Grecian Lion Sam is !

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Ipswich seem to have sold out barring 2 seats so looks likely this will be a sell-out.

Last edited:

CWH-NYC_

Really looking forward to this one, a real test in front of a big home crowd and TV. Southgate to realise he has left his best options at home.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really looking forward to this one, a real test in front of a big home crowd and TV. Southgate to realise he has left his best options at home.
Jevani withdrawing from the Jamaica squad makes sense now.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He makes a valid point regarding our crowd going quiet during difficult moments but not actually being negative. I remember going to watch Portsmouth v Charlton about 20 years ago and I was shocked at the negative vibe from the home support when they conceded. I was in the away end that day but you could really feel it so clearly the players can too.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He makes a valid point regarding our crowd going quiet during difficult moments but not actually being negative. I remember going to watch Portsmouth v Charlton about 20 years ago and I was shocked at the negative vibe from the home support when they conceded. I was in the away end that day but you could really feel it so clearly the players can too.
I agree...but if we were 16th in League Two and fell behind there'd be plenty of negativity.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ll never forget going to watch Port Vale away at chesterfield many years ago. Vale lost 1-0 in a pretty tepid game but the reaction from the vale fans was something I’d never seen before or since, the level of vitriol and anger directed at the players was ridiculous and when they came over at the end to clap the fans they were visibly shocked at the treatment they were getting.

Fans? Supporters? Hmmmmm. I think the politest term you could use for the Vale fans that day is partisan.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ll never forget going to watch Port Vale away at chesterfield many years ago. Vale lost 1-0 in a pretty tepid game but the reaction from the vale fans was something I’d never seen before or since, the level of vitriol and anger directed at the players was ridiculous and when they came over at the end to clap the fans they were visibly shocked at the treatment they were getting.

Fans? Supporters? Hmmmmm. I think the politest term you could use for the Vale fans that day is partisan.
Supporters are a idiosyncratic group at times, more so than any other sports followers I would suggest.
I’ve seen Grecians at away grounds give the team a round of applause after a poor performance, complete with a 3-0 arse kicking.

I think the worst bile at the end of the game I can remember following the Grecians was away at Barnet in midweek 1994, lost 2-1.