• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another great series was that (y)

Oldsmobile-88

Another great series was that (y)
I doubt there has been a more distinguished cast of actors in a BBC produced drama before or since.

Spoonz Red E

I doubt there has been a more distinguished cast of actors in a BBC produced drama before or since.
I hope Julian Armstrong (last on the cast list) wasn't kitted out in a second hand costume from the Colditz series. #BBCcuts

lamrobhero

I hope that I live to see the day when a football manager conducts interviews Water Margin style:
  • "As the wise gardner does not garden, but helps the plants to grow in their own time, so the master bowman draws back his bow string- but the arrow shoots itself."
  • "Yield to overcome, bend to become straight, wrote the Great Sage. Empty and be filled; wear out to become renewed. Have little and gain: have much and you will only be confused."

Oldsmobile-88

I hope that I live to see the day when a football manager conducts interviews Water Margin style:
  • "As the wise gardner does not garden, but helps the plants to grow in their own time, so the master bowman draws back his bow string- but the arrow shoots itself."
  • "Yield to overcome, bend to become straight, wrote the Great Sage. Empty and be filled; wear out to become renewed. Have little and gain: have much and you will only be confused."
Only if Eric Cantona decides to go into management 😎

Oldsmobile-88

Ah - The Water Margin. Used to watch that avidly. Still remember the opening sequence. Didn't have a clue what it was about or what was going on...but that mattered little.
I don’t think many people understood what was going on in the Japanese drama set in the 14th century.
It has got to be one of the most bizarre foreign series that the BBC or any broadcaster in this country has bought/shown.
Ran for 2 series(26 episodes) It was like some sort of cult watch at the time.

93C628DA-56EC-4B83-B634-34109CEDF170.jpeg

Tim Long

Top one sounds more like Peter Sellers in Being There, where an imbecile becomes a US Presidential candidate.

iscalad

Top one sounds more like Peter Sellers in Being There, where an imbecile becomes a US Presidential candidate.
Prophetic film.

Oldsmobile-88

Eric & Ernie in a great spoof of the intro to Starsky & Hutch in 1977

Spoonz Red E

"As the wise gardner does not garden, but helps the plants to grow in their own time, so the master bowman draws back his bow string- but the arrow shoots itself."
"Yield to overcome, bend to become straight, wrote the Great Sage. Empty and be filled; wear out to become renewed. Have little and gain: have much and you will only be confused."
Next post match interview then.
  • "The player does not score the goal. The keeper should not fear the player. The ball scores the goal. Geometry is the judge and white paint is the jury."
  • "Breath pushes the pea and its cage screams. The sound is not the leaping heart or the downcast eye. It merely calls these players to the stage"
  • "Get into them. F*** 'em up"

That'll be 100 yen please.