• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home Attendances and Atmosphere

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
While we've been in the third tier before - three spells of around three years each since I was a teenager - I cannot remember a time when the home attendances and atmosphere were at this kind of level. Is this going to be our record breaking year for attendances, or did we used to pull in more in the 50s/60s etc? It's certainly an amazing atmosphere being generated and something our stadium has hardly ever been known for, the proverbial "difficult place to go to". I remember bemoaning only a few years ago that the home crowd were not jacked up enough and didn't put enough pressure on away teams and referees. The change has been incredible. I suppose we have Matt Taylor to thank for that as he transformed the team into an enterprising and attacking unit, while making sure we weren't too gung-ho. Also the work the club has done at grass roots level to make it a welcoming place for everybody. This season is becoming legendary, sometimes I have to pinch myself while watching us smashing goals in for fun on a Saturday afternoon. I cannot imagine what it was like to be in the Big Bank watching Jevani sweep that winner in so emphatically in added time today. I would have done myself an injury celebrating that.

We have some amazing fans and it's great that people have the club to keep their spirits up in these days of increasingly hard times economically.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
While we've been in the third tier before - three spells of around three years each since I was a teenager - I cannot remember a time when the home attendances and atmosphere were at this kind of level. Is this going to be our record breaking year for attendances, or did we used to pull in more in the 50s/60s etc? It's certainly an amazing atmosphere being generated and something our stadium has hardly ever been known for, the proverbial "difficult place to go to". I remember bemoaning only a few years ago that the home crowd were not jacked up enough and didn't put enough pressure on away teams and referees. The change has been incredible. I suppose we have Matt Taylor to thank for that as he transformed the team into an enterprising and attacking unit, while making sure we weren't too gung-ho. Also the work the club has done at grass roots level to make it a welcoming place for everybody. This season is becoming legendary, sometimes I have to pinch myself while watching us smashing goals in for fun on a Saturday afternoon. I cannot imagine what it was like to be in the Big Bank watching Jevani sweep that winner in so emphatically in added time today. I would have done myself an injury celebrating that.

We have some amazing fans and it's great that people have the club to keep their spirits up in these days of increasingly hard times economically.
I'll tell you what it was like on the Big Bank today when Jev scored...bleddy loud. And I didn't even have my hearing aid in 😁. There was quite a buffeting though. Loved it.

J-Han

It is the epitome of progression at our football club. We as fans and everybody involved with the club should be very proud of what we're achieving.

It's an amazing time to be a Grecian.

sign of the chimes

Hell of a result that - and a pretty incredible start to your season. If you can avoid more injuries to key players who knows where this season will take you. I'm genuinely made up for you all.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There must be a good chance that our next three home games; Ipswich, Wednesday and Portsmouth; all sell out which should give Gary's January transfer fund a decent boost.

CWH-NYC_

Hell of a result that - and a pretty incredible start to your season. If you can avoid more injuries to key players who knows where this season will take you. I'm genuinely made up for you all.
You are not the only one who
Is happy and surprised. At this rate next time I get to visit might have to beg for a ticket.

gilbertshoot

This is why I sit in the corner of the new stand near the scoreboard - the view and sound of the Big Bank on days like these is amazing. It was bouncing yesterday and one of those sights that make football so special. And we know how much the players love it.
'Let's Go!'

Cygnus

The atmosphere on the Big Bank yesterday was special and it really felt like we were willing the ball into the net. You can see how the players respond to the crowd and it feels like we are in this together and the Ipswich game could be a special atmosphere next Saturday for the Sky cameras.

With the Away end sold out we need to pack out the rest of the ground and make it another special atmospher.

grecIAN Harris

'What was it like?' on The Big Bank he asks. The last time I can remember The Bank being like that was when Jack Stacey crashed home the winner against Carlisle in the play off semi final in 2017........... total bedlam!!!

manc grecian

The scenes for Sparkes v Harrogate were better. One for the diehards though