• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough United matchday thread

JW57++

Blackman - Nothing he could do with the two goals - 7/10
Sweeney - That skill, no words - 10/10
Hartridge - Dealt with CH well - 8/10
Key - Potentially his best game at CB, last 10mins on the RWB position he was back to his best - 8/10
Sparkes - Slightly struggled but a steady game - 6/10
Caprice - A very good game but defending let him down for their 2nd - 7/10
Dieng - Slightly deeper today, solid enough performance, sluggish towards the end - 7/10
Collins - More of a defensive hat on today, but still the ticking player we all love - 7/10
Jay - Unfortunately the game past him by - 5/10
Brown - 1st half slightly struggled out of position, came into his own 2nd half and delivered like we all know he can - 8/10
Stansfield - Run his heart out all game as per usual, ran out of steam towards the end but still able to pick that pass to assist Brown, destined for the top level! - 8/10

Subs
Nombe
- Understood him being rested and proved why he is so important when he came on - 8/10
Kite - Not on enough to really impact the game - 6/10
Grounds - Not on enough to really impact the game. Nice to have another defender back fit - 6/10
An excellent summary, in my opinion.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I imagine you soiled yourself today Manc, front and back.
Is nothing sacred anymore

Red Devon

Can you explain what he did please?
Tracked back tirelessly getting in plenty of blocks that helped to contain a very good attacking side.

fred binneys head

Good to know that Grant McCann took responsibility for the defeat by blaming the players.

grecIAN Harris

Sadly you are right about Matt and Tim. Don't seem to have the same verve about them as last season.
Not sure what either you or Manc were watching with regards Dieng. He's playing a slightly different role this season, still making his way back from his injury and not doing that much wrong as far as I can see.

grecIAN Harris

Not sure what game he was watching. Posh dominated for about 35 minutes of the second half but the whole game?? Really?

SaintJames

Good to know that Grant McCann took responsibility for the defeat by blaming the players.
Just like Darrell Clarke did after we stuffed Port vale and the net result of hanging his players out to dry was a 4-0 loss today!

andrew p long

'Look I'll take responsibility for that result...but you simply can't legislate for the mistakes the players made today..'

Pete Martin (CTID)

I must say the changes from GC after going 2-1 down were absolutely spot on. One of my grudges with MT is he struggled with those changes and didn’t seem to have a plan B. I honestly couldn’t even tell you who was playing where come the end but it worked! Fair play to him and the staff.

League 1 football seems to suit our style and team a lot. It’s also so much more enjoyable to watch. Win or lose every week I feel like I’ve watched a very good game of football with lots of quality on show. UTC.
Exactly! I said to my friend today after about 20 minutes, "whether we win draw or lose today, I can't fault the quality of the football we're playing".

SaintJames

Exactly! I said to my friend today after about 20 minutes, "whether we win draw or lose today, I can't fault the quality of the football we're playing".
certain similarities to how we played around 1980/81 when we saw cracking games like City 5-4 Millwall