• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough United matchday thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
The (almost) unbelievable weather continues. It's currently 15c, with the wind blowing form the SE at 2-3. We had 2mm of rain in the last 24 hours, mostly over night. There's a barometric suggestion that the wind is going to turn SSE, and if it does, it'll probably lift the attendant gloom, and perhaps offeer some sunshine for the match. There will not be an update at 13:00 as I'm going to the Trust AGM, and don't expect to be back in time to do another report. I think this will be a difficult game, with both sides liking to score goals, and with the players to be able to do it. I'm really looking forward to it.
PS. Just how crazy the weather is, is best judged my me picking limes from a tree in the garden yesterday, and disovering that it was in full bloom.
PPS. I pickle them!
Surely better in a G&T. 🍸
Anyways. Looks like nice weather ahead. Looking forward to an exciting attacking game. Definitely winnable, but ready with a mud pie for Fred, just in case.

Bridgy 81

Surely better in a G&T. 🍸
That looks more like a dry martini to me.
I ordered one in a Las Vegas hotel bar once and was a bit taken aback when the waitress asked me if I wanted it dirty?
Partly out of curiosity but largely because my wife was sat next to me I asked her to explain.
Apparently it’s when some of the olive brine is added to the drink.
So on the basis that I’ll try most things once I had one of each.
What happens in Vegas.……..etc.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Remembrance activities prior to kick off

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That looks more like a dry martini to me.
I ordered one in a Las Vegas hotel bar once and was a bit taken aback when the waitress asked me if I wanted it dirty?
Partly out of curiosity but largely because my wife was sat next to me I asked her to explain.
Apparently it’s when some of the olive brine is added to the drink.
So on the basis that I’ll try most things once I had one of each.
What happens in Vegas.……..etc.
Nothing like Dirty Grecian from Bridgwater (via Taunton if I remember correctly)
UTC

Looking forward to today's game, but unless we can effectively 'defend from the front 'then the lack of a Diabate/Stubbs centre back will likely result in their forwards just being too good for us. Fingers crossed for the former and sneak a win.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Confusingly, I've just seen someone with an Ipswich Town shirt on in Sidwell Street 🤔

JW57++

What number would be embarrassing? It's a bloody long way from Peterborough. Anything over 400 is acceptable IMO.
The two Devon teams will be the most difficult journeys for Peterborough fans, so this will be near the top of their games to avoid, especially for fans who are trying to cut costs.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really dislike Peterborough United and particularly their fans ,so looking for a convincing win on Caldwell's home debut.

Despite not having our first choice,I don't believe Peterborough are as good as their position in the league.