• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2022/23 Second Round Draw

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
FYI - Oxford apparently have been given just over 1,000 tickets for this game.
Correct. "The U's have been allocated 230 seats and 900 terrace places".

I hadn't realised that the Woking ground is so big - capacity over 6,000 with 2,500 seated. As I think for FA Cup games the away side are ideally supposed to get up to 25% including an appropriate number of seats (provided separating is possible) that sounds OK. We can normally only offer 350 seats and 950 standing for our games.

Makes you realise how tinpot the New Lawn is. :mad:

Information

And looks like Woking have e tickets so they can be sorted out in short time

If you look at pictures Woking have one huge all seater stand behind goal

Looks very good

The other stands look v old though

Terracing is down side with away club having corner block of the big stand for seats

As for Oxford
It's a 3 sided Ground
All seats for aways in corner of stand next to the end with no stand

Last edited:

tom_ecfc

And looks like Woking have e tickets so they can be sorted out in short time

If you look at pictures Woking have one huge all seater stand behind goal

Looks very good

The other stands look v old though

Terracing is down side with away club having corner block of the big stand for seats

As for Oxford
It's a 3 sided Ground
All seats for aways in corner of stand next to the end with no stand
I believe the ground is the same as when we played them in the Conference days?

Information

Was the big stand there ??

tom_ecfc

Was the big stand there ??
I remember standing along the side and the big stand being there.

This was from the 3-3 on 17th August 2004 -

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do people not remember the Conference days? Lovely terrace along the side a la Forest Green, which I recall getting drenched, and a massive stand to the left which was almost empty.

tom_ecfc

Do people not remember the Conference days? Lovely terrace along the side a la Forest Green, which I recall getting drenched, and a massive stand to the left which was almost empty.
Those were the days!!!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Going for a pre match drink in the snooker club beside the ground.
Iirc the last visit to Kingfield was a midweek 1-1 draw.

Bridgy 81

I recall going to watch us at Woking once.
It was a Saturday match and I made a late decision to go and drove up.
I was on the side terrace and recall the enormous seated stand behind the goal to our left.
The only things I remember about the game though are that Patrick Ada played for us and I heard someone say that Tis had just got married and was going on honeymoon straight after the match.
Presumably flying somewhere from Heathrow or Gatwick rather than having a romantic weekend in Surrey.
It’s odd the details I remember because I’ve got absolutely no idea what the match score was!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I recall going to watch us at Woking once.
It was a Saturday match and I made a late decision to go and drove up.
I was on the side terrace and recall the enormous seated stand behind the goal to our left.
The only things I remember about the game though are that Patrick Ada played for us and I heard someone say that Tis had just got married and was going on honeymoon straight after the match.
Presumably flying somewhere from Heathrow or Gatwick rather than having a romantic weekend in Surrey.
It’s odd the details I remember because I’ve got absolutely no idea what the match score was!
According to Soccerbase this was November 2006 and we won 2-0. Goals from Buckle and Mackie.