• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2022/23 Second Round Draw

Andy_H

Saturday 26th November

Tunisia v Australia 10:00am - BBC1
King's Lynn Town v Stevenage - 12:45pm - BBC1
Poland v Saudi Arabia - 1:00pm - ITV
Forest Green Rovers v Alvechurch - 3:00pm - BBC1
France v Denmark - 4:00pm ITV
Argentina v Mexico - 7:00pm ITV

Sunday 27th November

Japan v Costa Rica 10:00am - ITV
Ebbsfleet United v Fleetwood Town 12:30pm - ITV
Belgium v Morocco - 1:00pm - BBC1
Newport County v Torquay United or Derby County - 3:15pm - ITV
Croatia v Canada 4:00pm - BBC1
Spain v Germany 7:00pm - BBC1
I can't contain my indifference. Maybe, just maybe i might get interested in France v Denmark & Spain v Germany but apart from that.......... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I really hope our crowd at Oxford or Woking won't be affected by people watching FGR v Alvechurch...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Train strike announced for Saturday 26th November. Which should be okay if we're away to Woking on that day as SWR not involved, but more problematic if it's Oxford United as that will require GWR/Chiltern to get there.

Andy_H

In light of not knowing who we'll be playing until potentially 4 days before the match, would it be a good idea for Grecians to be able to pre-order away tickets. I accept that Woking & Oxford will, potentially, have different ground capacities but, if we set a pre-order figure to, initially, the lowest number and increase it, if it turns out to be greater.

Discuss.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are FGR the Argiggle of the FA Cup this year!!!! (or Derby and Torquay)

Spoonz Red E

In light of not knowing who we'll be playing until potentially 4 days before the match, would it be a good idea for Grecians to be able to pre-order away tickets. I accept that Woking & Oxford will, potentially, have different ground capacities but, if we set a pre-order figure to, initially, the lowest number and increase it, if it turns out to be greater.

Discuss.
I don't think it's practicable unfortunately.

We wouldn't know the pricing and variants (area of ground, age band etc) until the match is decided.
Effectively we would have to set up 2 matches on Spektrix - one being the pseudo pre-pay match.
Purchases would be part payments and would then need redirecting to the actual match ticketing template with follow ups needed to get to the correct payment amount.
Each pre-order would still have to be physically processed to deliver the tickets and it is this part of the process that takes the time.

The time saving in terms of ticket turnaround is best made via the responsibilities and capability of the home side.
e.g. We had tickets printed and ready to go for a possible Middlesbrough game if we had beaten Man Utd in that replay but we didn't need them in the end.
If we had beaten Man Utd then tickets could have been offered immediately (Middlesbrough would have already had the info from us for them to sell straight away as well).
I think Woking & Oxford will have been asked to make their own preparations on similar lines.

Hopefully, they will have so we can offer for sale ASAP after their deciding game.
It should be that both clubs will have given us their info so we would be ready to create the appropriate ticketing template very quickly and put tickets on sale.

SaintJames

I don't think it's practicable unfortunately.

We wouldn't know the pricing and variants (area of ground, age band etc) until the match is decided.
Effectively we would have to set up 2 matches on Spektrix - one being the pseudo pre-pay match.
Purchases would be part payments and would then need redirecting to the actual match ticketing template with follow ups needed to get to the correct payment amount.
Each pre-order would still have to be physically processed to deliver the tickets and it is this part of the process that takes the time.

The time saving in terms of ticket turnaround is best made via the responsibilities and capability of the home side.
e.g. We had tickets printed and ready to go for a possible Middlesbrough game if we had beaten Man Utd in that replay but we didn't need them in the end.
If we had beaten Man Utd then tickets could have been offered immediately (Middlesbrough would have already had the info from us for them to sell straight away as well).
I think Woking & Oxford will have been asked to make their own preparations on similar lines.

Hopefully, they will have so we can offer for sale ASAP after their deciding game.
It should be that both clubs will have given us their info so we would be ready to create the appropriate ticketing template very quickly and put tickets on sale.
Clearly for such a stupidly short timescale Pay on the day has to be available for Exeter fans

Information

TV games coming through now:
Sunday 27th
Ebbsfleet v Fleetwood ITV
Newport v The Gulls or Derby ITV
More changes either for overseas TV or extended highlights on MOTD assuming it's on the Sunday BBC2
All moved to Sunday
14:00 Bristol Rovers v Boreham Wood
14:00 Burton Albion v Chippenham Town
15:15 Newport County v Torquay / Derby Co
Live on ITV
17:00 Ipswich Town v Buxton

Spoonz Red E

Clearly for such a stupidly short timescale Pay on the day has to be available for Exeter fans
I'd expect so.
Ultimately down to the Home Club and Safety Advice.
But for these two possible opponents I don't see why not.

tom_ecfc

FYI - Oxford apparently have been given just over 1,000 tickets for this game.