• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2022/23 Second Round Draw

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
We'd already had "our fill" of Millwall with a trip to the Old Den in Round 2. Rather than stand in the double fenced cage in the way in (an attempt to keep home cretins out rather than visiting supporters in), my mate and I were seated in a stand. After jumping to our feet to celebrate our goal, we rather rapidly sat down again ! :p
Ha, Wise move...Anyone giving it ‘the large’ there would definitely get turned over.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Oxford/Woking game has been moved again to the Wednesday, this time to allow it to be broadcast overseas (but not in the UK).

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'd already had "our fill" of Millwall with a trip to the Old Den in Round 2. Rather than stand in the double fenced cage in the away end (an attempt to keep home cretins out rather than visiting supporters in), my mate and I were seated in a stand. After jumping to our feet to celebrate our goal, we rather rapidly sat down again ! :p
Only time I nearly got involved in a fracas that match. We drove up separately and parked away from the ground. We were kept in the ground as you say for the home fans to disperse, and then were led through the car park under a railway bridge, past the smashed up supporter coaches, After the bridge there were a corridor of policemen off to the left, off to the right - nothing, and you can guess which way we had to go, past some waste land where a small group of cretins approached us and asked for the time to try and discover our accents, I suddenly went mute and my brother who spoke slightly better than me answered. We were accused of being from Farking Exeter, and he took a couple of punches but luckily didn't retaliate and we managed to get away. All at a time after the documentary about these so called supporters had aired

Spoonz Red E

It's interesting that one of Charlie Baker's (minor comedian, major Torquay supporter) gripes with us, is that we are so lucky with draws.

I mean I suppose we have had Liverpool twice and Manu, but we had to fight to get to those rounds, by actually winning games.

I also guess that some might say financially away draws to Non-League can make you some cash, and we've had a few of them.

Having said all that, second shit draw in a row.
He probably still has the sweats about the Gulls Cup run in 2010-11.
1-0 wins against Mansfield Town away then Walsall & Carlisle at home.
4th round tie at home to Crawley which they lose 1-0.

STURTZ

We lost at Cambridge last year and this year we could be at Oxford, how weird is that! (Not very I know but I'm struggling to find anything interesting about the tie tbh).

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were drawn away to Arsenal in 1978. Denied by a very late Wolves equaliser, and then losing the replay.

We still haven't played Arsenal. (But then a Fairy Godmother said "don't worry, one day you will play league fixtures at Highbury". Which is true but cruel).
That equaliser was very hard to take but it meant we still had a football ground as the Wolves fans were turning very nasty and had they lost would have probably wrecked SJP as well as a number of houses in the area.

Alistair20000

We lost at Cambridge last year and this year we could be at Oxford, how weird is that! (Not very I know but I'm struggling to find anything interesting about the tie tbh).
I'm looking forward to it as a step to Round 3 and a trip to London, Manchester or Liverpool. (y)

Would probably be away to Walsall or Carlisle of course :(

Oldsmobile-88

That equaliser was very hard to take but it meant we still had a football ground as the Wolves fans were turning very nasty and had they lost would have probably wrecked SJP as well as a number of houses in the area.
A few houses on Well St & Springfield Rd had their windows done in as they went back to their coaches that were parked along Union Rd. They made a reasonable job of trashing SJP, with the goal crossbar snapped & the fencing collapsing at St James Rd end.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Friendly vs Arsenal on 2nd December 1964 at home.

Full programme here - https://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/2348View attachment 9574
A very strong Arsenal side Graham Eastham, Baker, Mclintock, Neill and Howe……anyone know the score ?

A strong Arsenal side Eastham,

Spoonz Red E

A very strong Arsenal side Graham Eastham, Baker, Mclintock, Neill and Howe……anyone know the score ?

A strong Arsenal side Eastham,
4-1 to Arsenal I'm guessing. Someone penned it in on the cover of the programme in the attachment.