• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Woolcott

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am putting this on WoWS initially, if the MODs feel it should be elsewhere, please do the necessary.

Many supporters will know, or know of, Chris Woolcott a City regular. Chris spent many years putting his heart and soul into supporting City, the Supporters Club and was heavily involved in the organisation and operation of Grecian Travel.

After a battle with cancer over the past few years, I have been made aware that Chris sadly passed away yesterday.

Chris was a "once met, never forgotten" personality who was a real character.

He will be missed by countless people, including many City supporters who knew him.

RIP Chris......

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another of the Grecian family gone well known on away travel and always involved in many jobs at SJP on match days over many years.
Part of the furniture has left us
A sad loss

RIP Chris

REDMIKE

Very sad news.
RIP Chris

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am sorry to hear this Pete. Chris was one of the "faces" at Exeter City and will be known by many both home and away. My condolences to his friends and family at this sad time.

DB9

Knew Chris from my time with the supporters club, RIP my friend.

Spoonz Red E

I knew this was coming but such sad news.
Chris was a great character and I've seen him run the whole gamut of emotions during a single City game - a 'heart on the sleeve' guy.
So glad to have known him.
My thoughts are with his family.

As he would say "Get your 50/50 tickets next home game!"

Oldsmobile-88

fred binneys head

Man, I recognise him, have seen him at lots of games. What a shame, condolences to anyone who knew him. RIP Grecian.

grecIAN Harris

Man, I recognise him, have seen him at lots of games. What a shame, condolences to anyone who knew him. RIP Grecian.
Probably like you Fred, I didn't recognise the name but as soon as I saw the picture I knew the face having seen Chris around the ground at hundreds of games.

iscalad

Probably like you Fred, I didn't recognise the name but as soon as I saw the picture I knew the face having seen Chris around the ground at hundreds of games.
Yes, he used to sit near the top of the Selco? I think.