• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definitely time to pull a sicky
Sorely tempted but I’m supposed to be leading it for my side :mad:

On Melbourne Cup day AP! What are you doing? 😳

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorely tempted but I’m supposed to be leading it for my side :mad:
From here you sound like you have COVID ! UTC

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
In all the discussion about this game, there hasn't been much chat about what the team will be. I would expect us to play three in midfield, probably Harry, Archie and Tim, and wonder if Jay might be dropped to the bench - I know he's coped well with everything so far but it will be a lively atmosphere which could prove challenging for someone still relatively young and inexperienced.
As to the result I can see us possibly sneaking a draw; the GAWS have won all 8 of their home games so far but that run is going to end at some point so why not tonight.
Jay S loves playing at Gnome Park & knows how much this game means to Grecians cause he was born one. He's probably played in front of bigger crowds - 2:1 City Jay Stansfield & Check Diabate to score. UTC

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jay S loves playing at Gnome Park & knows how much this game means to Grecians cause he was born one. He's probably played in front of bigger crowds - 2:1 City Jay Stansfield & Check Diabate to score. UTC
Good point. There were more than 60 000 fans at the Emirates when he came on against Arsenal earlier this season.

tonykellowfan

Stansfield so far has shown himself to be a very good player at this level and so I would keep him in the side.

Although it will be a difficult decision to play Stansfield, Nombe and Brown rather than 2 up top with an extra body in CM.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm hoping that the thread title excluding the word 'City' doesn't have any impact on the result, but I fear it will. If the mods can change it, they will be awarded with an assist when we win.

Fareham Grecian

I'm hoping that the thread title excluding the word 'City' doesn't have any impact on the result, but I fear it will. If the mods can change it, they will be awarded with an assist when we win.
Yep, indefensibly shoddy MDT nomenclature. Well done Hants

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yep, indefensibly shoddy MDT nomenclature. Well done Hants
Actually, originally it said Argyle Match Day Thread. So I changed it and I don't always put City as there's only one City, unlike Plymouth who have to contend with Parkway for attention. :)

Grecian Koala

Somebody has changed a work “Teams” online meeting to a face to face meeting which means I will be travelling to said meeting when the second half is on. F____g fuming in Oz !!, I was massively looking forward to watching this one
Sorry to hear that, I feel for you - I'm on a road trip heading slowly back to Sydney. I'll will be streaming the game in Tenterfield.

Try two screens, headphones in on the game and nod frequently to the zoom audience. Let's be honest what really swings on "corporate zoom/team meetings" - I bet no-one can remember anything meaningful from any previous meeting yet we can all remember great games versus Argyle over the years :)