• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jon Hill - New First Team Coach

J-Han

You can gloss over it all you like Rosey but it always seems disrespectful when a manager leaves and decides to take all the staff with him. Scott Brown's next so he just as well fark off this week as well, instead of slipping away like a little snake in January.
Of course it's not disrespectful. It'd be madness for Matt, or any manager for that matter, to go into a new role as a football manager with nobody he knows and trusts around him. This has been going on forever. It's football management 101.

If Scott decides to leave, it'll be our loss but we will move on as we always do in football and we will get another GK coach, and Matt will have another trusted friend/colleague with him to help him achieve what he wants at Rotherham. Just as the case is with Wayne and Jon.

I'm sure Caldwell wants some trusted people around him in a perfect world (whether we can afford to get them is another matter :ROFLMAO:).

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I understand the reasons and I'd probably do the same if I was a manager, it still stinks though. I'll really start to dislike him if he comes back for Diabate and a couple of our best academy products in January.
Thankfully Rotherham probably couldn't afford them. All the more reason to squeeze them for everything we can get for coaching staff in the meantime ! :)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thankfully Rotherham probably couldn't afford them. All the more reason to squeeze them for everything we can get for coaching staff in the meantime ! :)
Those Rother bas ards !

iscalad

Now confirmed by City. Better late than never.😆

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Average Joe

Bit miffed as to why he has left.

You can't tell me JH only joined Exeter to work with MT, surely not JH has worked with some of the UK's best managers. I'll never know why but it makes me wonder why JH joined in the first place.

If there's one positive JH was only just at the start of his contract so hopefully there's some compensation for a suitable replacement.

andrew p long

Bit miffed as to why he has left.

You can't tell me JH only joined Exeter to work with MT, surely not JH has worked with some of the UK's best managers. I'll never know why but it makes me wonder why JH joined in the first place.

If there's one positive JH was only just at the start of his contract so hopefully there's some compensation for a suitable replacement.

Jon Hill signs a contract at Rotherham until 2026! I suspect the money is better too!

Intheknow84

Wonder what compo we got for MT, WC and JH.
hopefully enough to boost the budget!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder what compo we got for MT, WC and JH.
hopefully enough to boost the budget!
Probably already used up to fund GC's commute from Scotland to Exeter !