• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scott Brown joins as player GK coach

AmberRed

I can't quote you chapter and verse on this ,(any more than Pate could I imagine). Possibly we wouldn't be allowed to with Lee out on loan who theoretically can be recalled ? I am open to correction on this however from those more knowledgeable than myself on the regs. :unsure:
I think you're right, also don't we still have Jack Arthur on a pro contract?

Memphis09

Scott Brown will be gone

Number13

I think you're right, also don't we still have Jack Arthur on a pro contract?
We couldn't sign an emergency keeper whilst Harry is on the sort of loan he is - ie instantly recallable

As for Jack Arthur, the rumour is he's in a bit of trouble but for some reason nobody will say what - which makes you believe its proper career ending trouble - so in theory we could put him on the bench but ideally you want someone, like Brown, who you would trust to bring on

DawlishBouy

We couldn't sign an emergency keeper whilst Harry is on the sort of loan he is - ie instantly recallable

As for Jack Arthur, the rumour is he's in a bit of trouble but for some reason nobody will say what - which makes you believe its proper career ending trouble - so in theory we could put him on the bench but ideally you want someone, like Brown, who you would trust to bring on
When we signed Andressen on loan we had to provide proof before every game that Ward and Maxted were injured. Since then I’ve noticed other clubs (Salford for one) signing emergency keepers despite the fact their reserve keeper was still available.
Harry Lee is still, technically, a youth team player so I think you’re wrong to say we would be forced to recall him.
If Brown leaves now I reckon Sowden would be on the bench as per the Southampton game and Lee would stay at Dorchester.

Agent Andy

Harry Lee is on a 3 year pro deal , so you can’t call him a youth team player , we would not get a emergency loan with Lee and Arther on pro deals , and Lee is not instantly recallable , hence why he didn’t play on Tuesday , we would need to sign a free agent to replace Scott .

AmberRed

When we signed Andressen on loan we had to provide proof before every game that Ward and Maxted were injured. Since then I’ve noticed other clubs (Salford for one) signing emergency keepers despite the fact their reserve keeper was still available.
Harry Lee is still, technically, a youth team player so I think you’re wrong to say we would be forced to recall him.
If Brown leaves now I reckon Sowden would be on the bench as per the Southampton game and Lee would stay at Dorchester.
Lee might still be a 2nd year scholar but considering he's signed a pro I wouldn't have thought he's classed as a youth team player anymore! I can't see them putting Sowden on the bench in league 1 if they don't even trust him to play in the Papa John's! Lee is the same age as Sowden and played in that cup last year, so I assume they would recall him.

AmberRed

Or like AA said, we could sign a free agent.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Harry Lee is on a 3 year pro deal , so you can’t call him a youth team player , we would not get a emergency loan with Lee and Arther on pro deals , and Lee is not instantly recallable , hence why he didn’t play on Tuesday , we would need to sign a free agent to replace Scott .
This is correct. However; if Blackman were to get injured, then we would be able to get an emergency loan in to cover for this. My understanding is that basically to be considered a 'Professional Goalkeeper' the player has to have been named in the starting eleven on five or more occasions for an EFL club in any competitions - excluding the Papa John’s Trophy.

So even though Lee is on a pro contract he would not be considered a 'professional Goalkeeper' if Blackman were to get injured so hence we could bring in an emergency loan. Due to this, if Brown were to join MT, it probably makes sense to have Sowden on the bench and keep Lee out on loan so he can continue to play which is helping his development.

Obviously we would then be looking for a GK coach, and the beauty of Scott Brown from a budget standpoint is he is able to fill two roles in being our GK coach and back up to Blackman.

It will be interesting to see if Brown is on the bench on Saturday.

Agent Andy

How can you not class Lee as a professional Gk , when he’s signed a pofessional deal , just dosnt make sense that 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
How can you not class Lee as a professional Gk , when he’s signed a pofessional deal , just dosnt make sense that 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Lots of things don't make sense, but he's correct:

58 EMERGENCY GOALKEEPER LOAN
"A Professional Goalkeeper is a goalkeeper (excluding any goalkeeper registered as a Non-Contract Player) who has been named in the starting eleven on five or more occasions by:
  • any Club (or Premier League club) in any matches in the relevant league or first team cup competitions (other than the EFL Trophy); and/or
  • any other club in a professional league in that club’s home association (by way of example, any division of the Scottish Professional Football League, or Serie A, B or C)."
EFL Official Website - Section 6 - Players