• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cant believe we haven't heard anything yet. even if it was the club have given an extension to Matt to make a decision etc. they'll be in training about now. so assume it must be coming imminently. Should have had something yesterday after the excellent woman's game.
It seems like transfer deadline day again. Then all the papers signed and lodged with the league in time for the deadline at 11pm but - as Craig explained - Jay needed to drive down from London the following day and then do a variety of things including club interviews before the announcement at 5pm on the following day.

So presumably MT has decided, driven up to Yorkshire and will be doing the media stuff with Rotherham for announcement later. The clubs will - as per Jay Stansfield - agree on an announcement time and neither break rank before then.

(I'm assuming MT has decided to accept. If he has decided to reject Rotherham then saying he 'd been offered the job is another of those MT 'very open and honest, but possibly too open' moments)

Grecian_Matt

I would say Rob Edwards, but can we afford him?
Tisdale is available.

KentGrecian

What a shambles 😂

tom_ecfc

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

InMyBlood

KentGrecian

Bbc announce before official channels? Come on ecfc...

Average Joe

(I'm assuming MT has decided to accept. If he has decided to reject Rotherham then saying he 'd been offered the job is another of those MT 'very open and honest, but possibly too open' moments)
It's an absolute shambles. It resembles a lad in my work who entered the work place last week and told me he's handing in his notice in December. I laughed and said we'll deal with this when you hand in your notice.

MT should not have said anything until his decision was adamant.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
#Farce

:)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks that way assuming the tweet was authentic
Or two tweets were prepared and someone posted the wrong one.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
10am announcement?
Striker or Defender ? - oops sorry wrong thread :rolleyes: