• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

chunkymorrinmunter

Has that been reported then? I’m assuming he will go. A loss but I’m more worried who he will take with him.
Carlisle,Brown gk coach,Derbridge.

MagicMushroom

I thought Derbridge has left the club and moved to London?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn’t trust the post on Twitter this is based on as Derbridge is no longer part of our staff and has just moved to London.

chunkymorrinmunter

I thought Derbridge has left the club and moved to London?
Thats what i thought when i read it

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn’t trust the post on Twitter this is based on as Derbridge is no longer part of our staff and has just moved to London.
None of us party to any of the shenanigans going on at present but I think we should expect to hear something definite from the Club during tomorrow.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think some people have not got the right idea of Rotherham as a club at the minute. Since Paul Warne was appointed manager they have been relegated from the Championship three times and promoted back from L1 three times. The definition of yo-yo club. So thinking they would sack any new manager even if they got relegated this season would be against type for them. Warne was appointed half way through a season they ended up getting relegated in and was then made permanent at the end of that season.

If Matt keeps Rotherham up this season and establishes them in the division or even just replicates Warne in the yo-yoing we have seen where it has led Warne to. A big underachieving club with more resource and potential than Rotherham and potential for him to take the next step forward in his career. It might work out for Warne or it might not. The same for Matt. But you cannot be ambitious if you don't take these opportunities when they present themselves. Matt has already let some interest slide by him reportedly. Maybe he thinks this is the right time and opportunity with the right owners.

gilbertshoot

I'm more worried about how many of our players he'll take with him.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm more worried about how many of our players he'll take with him.
None till January at the earliest and TBH if we continue to perform well up till then contracted or not if other clubs come sniffing and are willing to meet our valuations they'll go, Doesn't matter if MT is still here or not that is what we do and how we run things.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
How have you arrived at this figure?!

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
No idea, I’d seen somewhere the average Championship manager salary is >£800k, but let’s imagine it’s half that at £400k.

If he gets sacked 6 months in and gets paid out the remainder of his salary then I’d say he’s fairly well setup.
Have you seen the news in the last week?