• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bringing Forward Saturday Kick Off Times

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see that Mansfield have announced that their game on Oct 15th will now kick off at 13.00 in order to save on electricity costs. Should we be seriously considering a similar move ? Possibly this could have further ramifications such as allowing ifollow coverage ? :unsure:

Fancy starting a a bait and switch thread like this when it doesnt apply to us in the slightest! You'll be suggesting we play our matches on a friday night next! Anyway for what its worth, theres no way I'd get up in the middle of the night to watch City on iFollow. I can barely be arsed now!

Cowshed Grecian

I see that Mansfield have announced that their game on Oct 15th will now kick off at 13.00 in order to save on electricity costs. Should we be seriously considering a similar move ? Possibly this could have further ramifications such as allowing ifollow coverage ? :unsure:
We Could move it to 10am KO save on costs of the players pre match lunch meal, turn the score board off aswell. Save on costs FFS!

denzel

Move the season to the summer months, simples!
No no no no no no. No!

STURTZ

Sell City headtorches in the club shop, 6000 powerful LEDs should negate the need for floodlights. :giggle:

cannockred

[QUOTE="PeteUSA, post: You'll be suggesting we play our matches on a friday night next!
[/QUOTE]
Yeah cos that will save electricity wont it!

STURTZ

Massive "hamster wheels" around the pitch, non playing staff get valuable exercise whilst generating the power to run the lights. Everyone's a winner!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fancy starting a a bait and switch thread like this when it doesnt apply to us in the slightest! You'll be suggesting we play our matches on a friday night next! Anyway for what its worth, theres no way I'd get up in the middle of the night to watch City on iFollow. I can barely be arsed now!
Glad to hear it.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't believe any EFL club is serious about this. The loss in attendances, hospitality, food and beverage sales, club shop merchandise etc would surely outweigh the saving on electricity many times over.

I can't believe any EFL club is serious about this. The loss in attendances, hospitality, food and beverage sales, club shop merchandise etc would surely outweigh the saving on electricity many times over.
This is so true. BUT, you can't listen to any media without hearing all about climate change. The use of electricity by the floodlights and the energy used to cool the beer/warm the food (and the consequences of eating meat [if you believe some of the propaganda] has an even more catastrophic carbon impact), purchasing replica nylon shirts with huge 'clothing miles' (I assume they are made in the far east) are all bringing us closer to Armageddon.

May be further on down the road it won't be the cost to clubs rather than the impact on our planet, that will govern our lives more. I think, by then, I won't be increasing the CO2 loading by breathing any longer, I'll have my ashes in the garden of remembrance behind the grandstand (if they have me).

Sorry, I appear to have extrapolated the current woke world a bit too far. BTW I am not advocating any of this. Hopefully Stale Mince will do the righteous thing and will take FGR out of the football pyramid then his players can cycle to the new new lawn and play with (or is it amongst) themselves.

Red red

I understand why Mansfield are trying this no harm in trying things. But if you listen to all the media we won’t need floodlights because we won’t have no money to afford to go.