• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green Rovers vs Exeter City match day thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Edited as the original tweet it linked to has been deleted.

Last edited:

Cowshed Grecian

Sparkes could fill that LB spot at the WC if he keeps playing like that.

JW57++

A great team performance. Every City player must have come off the pitch feeling pleased with their own contribution. We are enjoying playing against last season‘s promoted sides. Here’s hoping for the same outcome next Saturday.

Cowshed Grecian

Rakeem Harper MoM for me. Controlled the midfield whilst just quietly getting on with his business.
Collins for me..he was outrageously good.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rakeem Harper MoM for me. Controlled the midfield whilst just quietly getting on with his business.
Not for me. Archie, Sweenz and Hartridge would have been more likely than him. However it was always going to be Jevani.

logman

The clean sheet was almost as satisfying as 4 scored at the other end. A great all round performance.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, mini-crisis over I think. our performances have been alright, just haven't had the luck, today we did.
The difference is that Shrewsbury and Burton were able to exploit our problems at the back whereas Forest Green couldn't.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless they become more pragmatic in the way they play then yes. Their players weren't exactly busting a gut for the manager
Listened on Radio Devon and Andrew Barge commented several times on how disinterested the FGR manager looked. He acknowledged different managers have different styles but said he didn’t think the players were getting much encouragement from the bench.

Memphis09

Don’t like to say it but I will
Said all along play Stanno and Sam up front Brown behind
So glad Matt listen to me lol 😆
Great result
Needed just a pity about the last couple of games
Always thought FGR would not stay up
We will UTC

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listened on Radio Devon and Andrew Barge commented several times on how disinterested the FGR manager looked. He acknowledged different managers have different styles but said he didn’t think the players were getting much encouragement from the bench.
He spent much of the match chewing his pen.