• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Zoe Williams singing from my hymn sheet. Time to pull your finger out Starmer

tavyred

As far as the future of the UNITED Kingdom (as opposed to your LITTLE England) is concerned quite a lot I'd say

And, as far as the Brexit fustercluck is concerned, isn't that YOUR problem. Don't you understand that the democratic duty of "the opposition" to scrutinize and, if necessary, oppose?

Isn't it the responsibility of the "government" to Govern? Six years (and four leaders) in there's still little sign of that. With your sorry lot it's been one step forward, four backward all the way to your so-called "freedoms".
On the contrary Brexit being sh1te is not my problem as I’m personally more than happy with it, NI either gets sorted or it doesn’t. More than happy for the opposition to scrutinise it but outside of saying it all sh1te, I’ve not heard an alternative they’re brave enough to put before the electorate yet. Maybe we’ll get to hear next week.
On the NI issue I don’t get what you point is, other than putting ‘little England’ in the sentence you don’t seem to be making a substantive point as far I can see. 🤷‍♂️

elginCity

Brexit and the GFA are incompatible.

The EU, the US, Starmer and the world all know it. The Tory ERG Vote Leave party know it. 4 Prime Ministers in 6 years and they still don’t have a feckin clue how to get out of the corner they’ve painted themselves into.

Starmer doesn’t need to pull his finger out. Sit tight, powder’s dry, while his opponent is digging a hole, let him keep the shovel.

arthur

"Miliband treated Rees-Mogg as if he was a halfwit. Most people do these days. Long gone are the times when MPs were impressed by his faux politeness and smug self-confidence, squeezed into an oversized undertaker’s suit. Now people see him for the needy fraud that he is."

Grecian2K

A certain irony in the "Minister for the 18th Century" calling Milliband a Luddite! 😁

Mr Jinx

Starmer doesn’t need to pull his finger out. Sit tight, powder’s dry, while his opponent is digging a hole, let him keep the shovel.
And that is a very risky tactic. At some point Starmer and Labour are going to have to show at least some colours. Leaving it to the last minute (shortly before a GE) might be too late.

I very much understand art's (and Zoe William's) frustration with the dullard.

angelic upstart

Is the personal allowance going up in April in the "not a budget" budget?

If not the tax cuts mean absolutely nothing to the ordinary employee. So don't be fooled.

Mr Jinx

All I can say is....Now that's more like it!

And IR35 repealed (as of April)...praise the lord!!!!!

If that's the starting point, can't wait to see what's coming (ahead of a GE).

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Financial policies that mainly benefit the wealthy? Yep, the Tories are back alright.

Mr Jinx

Financial policies that mainly benefit the wealthy? Yep, the Tories are back alright.
...is the perennial short sighted response from the Left. This is coming from someone who is probably also baulking at Truss's review of grammar schooling (and its possible expansion) whilst sending his kids to private school. If you don't want that extra 1.5% in your pay packet, I can recommend a list of charities you could send it to.

It's taken 12 long years, but Hermann could be right, we may now have a Conservative government...at last!