• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Geoff / Sign - you’re right, it’s an opinion and yours is different, I was just saying that right now he doesn’t appear to be someone who will have a career at a top club (like arsenal or Chelsea). He looks more like someone who is no doubt a very good player who has achieved a huge amount in the early days of his career, but not quite good enough to cut it at the top of the premier league.

If he does, and he’s a late developer like Ben White, then you will be proved right. But, right now, Joe has more evidence than you do. And those people saying he could easily play for a lower premier league club, well the premier league just spent £10,000,000,000,000 or something over the summer and no one wanted Ethan when they could have got him.

I don’t want this to sound harsh, I think he’s a very good footballer and an excellent pointer, I just don’t think he’s good enough to have a career playing regularly at a top club.

Average Joe

Maybe he's happy being on loan in a beautiful part of Italy, playing in one of the top European leagues rather than some shithole town in the championship.
I've always said he has done the right thing, he's seeing the world playing the sport he loves. However if becoming a premier league payer was his ambition then it's not working. I'm pleased for him who wouldn't want to see Europe, playing football.

Brinty IFA

I think he’s a very good footballer and an excellent pointer,
You've still got it, FBH 😂😂

Cowshed Grecian

Its not a bad gig living and playing in Italy, i bet he's completely gutted about it. He's actually living the dream whichever way you look at it-Fair play to Ethan.

Colesman Ballz

Its not a bad gig living and playing in Italy, i bet he's completely gutted about it. He's actually living the dream whichever way you look at it-Fair play to Ethan.
Off to the World Cup Finals, just coming upto his 22nd birthday, and earning half a million pounds plus a year too is not to be sniffed at either. Cost of living crisis ? Crisis what crisis ? 😎

jimbo-gould

Chelsea clearly see something in him. This move did originally contain a buyout clause according to almost every media source but Chelsea wouldn't allow it.

Cowshed Grecian

Chelsea clearly see something in him. This move did originally contain a buyout clause according to almost every media source but Chelsea wouldn't allow it.
I would imagine that buyout clause not going ahead was more to do with Ethan’s agent than Chelsea.

Colesman Ballz

I would imagine that buyout clause not going ahead was more to do with Ethan’s agent than Chelsea.
Or maybe the impending manager change at Stamford Bridge ? Give the incoming manager as many options as possible particularly if the transfer window is about to slam shut ? Ironically Brighton were one of the teams mentioned as being interested in Ethan back in the summer of course, so there's one for the conspiracy theorists ! :unsure:

andrew p long

Or maybe the impending manager change at Stamford Bridge ? Give the incoming manager as many options as possible particularly if the transfer window is about to slam shut ? Ironically Brighton were one of the teams mentioned as being interested in Ethan back in the summer of course, so there's one for the conspiracy theorists ! :unsure:
Excellent modern usage. In days gone by the transfer window would simply close, but nowadays it always 'slams shut'.

StudentGrecian

I think he needs Potter to be in the job come next summer to be in with a chance of the first team.

I'm desperate for him to make it at Chelsea, and I think he would have done if given more time in and around the squad the past 2 years. He is a product of the Chelsea system, where players like De Bruyne leave looking worse than they are because the managers have to play the players the owners wasted sh*tloads on instead.

To suggest he is championship level is laughable IMO. He was head and shoulders above anyone else we've produced in our academy, including current championship standard Jordan Storey for comparison. Ollie has worked so hard since leaving us to get where he is, but Amps had that natural talent I've not seen from anyone else.