• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

*OFF* Charlton Athletic V Exeter City Sat 10th September 2022 Discussion and Prediction thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
FFS, how many times. It was the FA alone that postponed all football this weekend, NOT the EFL or the premier League, both of whom wanted to keep the sporting fixtures as they were. If you’re going to be angry, direct it in the right place.
You're right. I should have fingered the FA.
But my comments re EFL and PL are still valid.
PS. I:m not angry. I couldn't get to the match even if it was played in Singapore - forgot to renew my Exit visa. 🙄

Colesman Ballz

Now I understand why you "left" the Trust Board
Obfuscate away all you like Indo, rather than face facts ! Just serves to underline your ignorance even more ! :ROFLMAO:

IndoMike

Obfuscate away all you like Indo, rather than face facts ! Just serves to underline your ignorance even more ! :ROFLMAO:
I wasn't obfuscating.

Colesman Ballz

I wasn't obfuscating.
So now you want to turn this into the pantomime season ? "Oh yes you were !" :ROFLMAO:

andrew p long

Ha ha, the quote itself says that policing was not a factor.

My best mate was on the actual call with the government along with all the other sports representatives, and he was clear as can be that the EFL and the Premier League wanted to keep the fixtures as they were, but the FA overruled them and cancelled all football (even grassroots FFS) out of respect for Prince William in his role as ambassador of the FA or whatever he is. Nothing to do with policing, nothing to do with the EFL or the Premier League.

Anyway, I’ll wind my neck in now, it’s not that important 🤣
As it happens I read Tom saying 'about this policing point here is the actual quote for people to look at'' rather than trying to say 'policing was a factor for today'. His first sentence - formally interpreted - probably means what you thought but I think he may have slightly mis-expressed it. Tom's previous post on this thread was (also?) just providing information, rather than expressing a view.

andrew p long

On another football forum I'm on , they have a rule that you should not post comments about other posters. I think its a good rule!

IndoMike

So now you want to turn this into the pantomime season ? "Oh yes you were !" :ROFLMAO:
Yes. We can be the Two Ugly Sisters..

IndoMike

On another football forum I'm on , they have a rule that you should not post comments about other posters. I think its a good rule!
Or their cats!

Alistair20000

Just to add, wasn't it the philosophy of the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen to just get on with life in difficult times and not be mawkish or make a big deal of things? Didn't they like "no fuss" ?
It was indeed get on with life.

The buffoons at the FA ought to have taken that on board.

dontpassback

The FA have acted and that’s that,but a lot of genuine fans not been able to pay their respects to her majesty,the West Ham supporters sang the National anthem,and I think it would have been sung at grounds across the country,along with the due respect and the minutes silence that she deserved.it’s not the end of the world that there is no football today.