• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

*OFF* Charlton Athletic V Exeter City Sat 10th September 2022 Discussion and Prediction thread

Boyo

If the funeral is on the 17th as suggested, then it’s highly likely all football will be cancelled on that day. IMO, games this Saturday should go ahead.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the funeral is on the 17th as suggested, then it’s highly likely all football will be cancelled on that day. IMO, games this Saturday should go ahead.
Seen some stuff online that says the funeral will be on Monday 19th but that’s far from being confirmed. Hope games go ahead, but suspect this weekend will be cancelled, sadly.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure MT will be hoping for a postponement given our injuries at the back.

tom_ecfc

I may be wrong, but believe because the official announcement was after 6pm the ‘days of mourning‘ start from today, as if the death was announced today. So guessing Fridays games are off partly because of this. Not a clue what happens for Saturdays games.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure MT will be hoping for a postponement given our injuries at the back.
We seemed to cope last week, or are you aware of fresh injuries?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
We seemed to cope last week, or are you aware of fresh injuries?
We did, but had no centre backs on the bench. When Grounds went down injured it was a worrying time. As I read MT's interview Stubbs and Hartridge would not be available tomorrow.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Is the game on or off?

Grecian68

Is the game on or off?
Presume the club is waiting for the directive from the EFL, who will be waiting for a decision from the government

larrywilkie

Is the game on or off?
Being discussed this morning, so awaiting an announcement.