• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sonny Cox

Exehausted

But if he's sitting on the bench not getting game time and then Nombe gets injured he won't be match fit. Send him to Taunton, he can train with us part-time and we can recall him if he's needed, like we did last year with Cheick Diabate.
Taunton aren't at the right level for him in my opinion, even though they have made a good start. And would he just be sitting on the bench? With five subs I'm sure that he would be getting game time. He would also be close to the action, seeing what the team is doing and itching to get on and show what he can do. I stick to my argument that it's full time at Torquay or Yeovil or stay here.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taunton aren't at the right level for him in my opinion, even though they have made a good start. And would he just be sitting on the bench? With five subs I'm sure that he would be getting game time. He would also be close to the action, seeing what the team is doing and itching to get on and show what he can do. I stick to my argument that it's full time at Torquay or Yeovil or stay here.
National League South is a decent level for him.

Exehausted

National League South is a decent level for him.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one then!

Grecianpasty

I'd rather he played at national league South than not at all. Even if it's until January.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the important thing is that he plays lots of men's football, the level doesn't matter too much. If he goes to level where he scores a hat trick every week, then a loan higher up will not be difficult to arrange.

As per above discussions, loan window to (but not from) non league is very much still open.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the important thing is that he plays lots of men's football, the level doesn't matter too much. If he goes to level where he scores a hat trick every week, then a loan higher up will not be difficult to arrange.

As per above discussions, loan window to (but not from) non league is very much still open.
Torquay it is then! Does he have to train with them if he goes on loan there

Boyo

Torquay it is then! Does he have to train with them if he goes on loan there
If he goes to somewhere in the National League (Torquay, Yeovil) he has to train FT with that club. If he goes any lower like the National League South (Bath, Western S-M, Taunton, Weymouth) he can still train with ECFC. The latter is preferable IMO.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

JW57++

Sonny’s goal on Saturday makes him the youngest goalscorer in League 1 this season.
Hopefully he’ll score against Fleetwood to make him the 2nd youngest (unless Ed James scores too).