• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Cowshed Grecian

Yeehhh **** all other teams apart from a tiny minority. So inward, small town mentality.
Yeah I bet Brentford and Bournemouth wish they’d fecked it off too.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rovers' owner spunks a fortune every year and they managed to finish one place above us last year.

That's why we can't afford those players.
No they didn't 😉

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
No they didn't 😉
I know, I'm even more stupid than I thought!

angelic upstart

Oh that’s good to know my day gets better! I mean good job we’ve got no money for the playing budget safe in the knowledge now the training ground we spent £3m on isn’t even an asset of ours.
It's an asset, to the club, because it's where the players work day to day. In turn, it helps attract players etc. It could/should/will improve the players. But to an owner there's no resale value.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah I bet Brentford and Bournemouth wish they’d fecked it off too.
For every Bournemouth or Brentford there's more than one Portsmouth, Leeds, Derby, Swindon, Bury etc.

angelic upstart

Yeehhh **** all other teams apart from a tiny minority. So inward, small town mentality.
How so?

angelic upstart

Fairly sure there’s some sort of covenant that ensures it remains a football facility though?
I think you're right.

MagicMushroom

Take this information with a pinch of salt it’s just what I’ve been told.

“It looks like you guys won’t be signing anyone. Haven’t heard anything, a lot of logistics have let you guys down this window. Don’t expect anything unless things change very very late on to the point in maybe too late to complete paperwork. Good luck however“.

let’s hope he is wrong…

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you're right.
Didn't we ask for it to be removed? I might be wrong.

milts

Take this information with a pinch of salt it’s just what I’ve been told.

“It looks like you guys won’t be signing anyone. Haven’t heard anything, a lot of logistics have let you guys down this window. Don’t expect anything unless things change very very late on to the point in maybe too late to complete paperwork. Good luck however“.

let’s hope he is wrong…
**** sakes.