• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
In peculiar twist of fate, my wife's mate has just returned from visiting her grandma. She didn't have a mask or anything and mentioned nothing re covid.

My boss has separately just come back from Vancouver on a family trip and mentioned nothing of it either.

As a side note, why is Canada so popular?
Canada is America without the Americans.😀

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
So I just got back from Canada where I saw first hand how a still Covid-scared country is dealing with things.

I cannot begin to describe what a omni-shambles clusterfeck it is over there with regards to this. If it was the UK, there'd be cries of how inept Boris and the Tories are over it, but we don't even come close. It nearly ruined our whole trip.

Anyway, back in the UK now, thankfully.
I suspect they looked up your internet history and thought it would be fun to mess with you.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

fred binneys head

So no 5 phone calls a day and Covid police knocking on your door then (despite being fully compliant)?
Nope. I think it was just you that was the problem here.

DB9

And China has just locked down a City of 21m people because 157 have tested positive, Only one person per household allowed out to buy food if tested negative, No one is allowed in or out of the city too, China's Zero Covid policy is mental, Jinxy makes your "Ordeal" seem very trivial.

angelic upstart

I'd like to add that Australia still has massive covid restrictions. An extended family member lives out there and his mother tried to visit. Firstly, she struggled to actually get into the country, but they're still social distancing and wearing masks everywhere etc.

I'm sure our resident Aussies on here can confirm.

Mr Jinx

And China has just locked down a City of 21m people because 157 have tested positive, Only one person per household allowed out to buy food if tested negative, No one is allowed in or out of the city too, China's Zero Covid policy is mental, Jinxy makes your "Ordeal" seem very trivial.
That there is still any fuss over this, however trivial, is ridiculous.

There will be another wave here starting in around 3.5 months, and again 5 months after that, and another 5 months after that....ad infinitum.

If you're still wetting your pants on it, make sure you get all your boosters, and promptly. If you're not, just get on with your lives.

Or if you're in China, just nip off to a gulag every few months, evidently.

Last edited:

DB9

That there is still any fuss over this, however trivial, is ridiculous.

There will be another wave here starting in around 3.5 months, and again 5 months after that, and another 5 months after that....ad infinitum.

If you're still wetting your pants on it, make sure you get all your boosters, and promptly. If you're not, just get on with your lives.

Or if you're in China, just nip off to a gulag every few months, evidently.
I don't know if you've read it but there have been reports of the public protesting against the Government on this issue, They'll probably get dealt with harshly because that's what the Chinese do but it could start something the Government weren't expecting, The Chinese now have money, Travel etc and see how the rest of the world is dealing with it now, Have a billion people upset you could end up with another revolution if very unlikely.

Avening Posse

I'd like to add that Australia still has massive covid restrictions. An extended family member lives out there and his mother tried to visit. Firstly, she struggled to actually get into the country, but they're still social distancing and wearing masks everywhere etc.

I'm sure our resident Aussies on here can confirm.
Much more relaxed here than last year. It is still a legal requirement to wear masks on public transport (which I reckon about 50% comply with), but that aside you wouldn’t even notice. Definitely no social distancing in shops, restaurants, bars etc in Sydney. Cannot comment on entry restrictions mind but I’m sure they are trying to encourage all the tourists back, so if there are still restrictions I expect they will be binned shortly

Mr Jinx

Think we're approaching the end game.

The UK has now effectively banned the vaccination of under 12's. Denmark is stopping vaccination of under 50's. Does make me wonder why if said vaccines are fully safe, but hey ho.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm having a booster tomorrow. Not given it a second thought.