• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Newport County - Papa John’s Trophy Match Day Thread

burtiew

I don't believe some of the negativity on here. City are playing a competative game, concentrate on that.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Enough fans at the ground for them to open the bank. Quite a few on ifollow as well.

denzel

Bizarre line up. Why risk so many first teamers for this pointless match? Just play the majority of the u21s. I understand a couple who need minutes like cox, harper, grounds and chauke but why risk the rest of them? Not one full youth team player starting seems stupid if you ask me. cox doesn’t really count as youth team at the moment as he’s our first team back up up front
There are rules which state we have to play so many first teamers. Newport have made fewer changes than us

Reactions: Egg

iscalad

Ah, so close

fred binneys head

Good bit of pressure from city, decent start.

fred binneys head

Kegs is a bit slow in possession, not been caught yet but looks like he will be every time he gets it. He was like this in his first game, needs to get up to speed.

Cowshed Grecian

Sparkes is starting to look a proper player

budegrecian

Sparkes is starting to look a proper player
Indeed. Great shot, excellent cross and possible penalty shout.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
so what, it’s still all first teamers with some key players in there and our squads paper thin. Pointless game should just be the whole u21 squad with a couple first teamers added in who need minutes.
Our squad is not paper thin. 2 or 3 more players in and its complete. I would understand your frustration if we were playing Nombe, Brown, Collins etc but its fringe players or those that haven't had much game time mixed with a few regulars.

DJG.ECFC

There are rules which state we have to play so many first teamers. Newport have made fewer changes than us
Only 4 players isn’t it? Wouldn’t have an issue with 4 but we’ve got 11, our bench is. Mostly first team too lol.