• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Newport County - Papa John’s Trophy Match Day Thread

Cowshed Grecian

I think this lineup highlights the need for a LWB still. Sparkes shouldn't have to start every league game and Pizza Cup games too.
Very True was thinking the same thing, although I guess we managed last season with 3 WB’s

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Newport seem to have a strong side, so we do well to win this

denzel

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great to see Ozzie back and getting warm welcome from the lads

DJG.ECFC

Bizarre line up. Why risk so many first teamers for this pointless match? Just play the majority of the u21s. I understand a couple who need minutes like cox, harper, grounds and chauke but why risk the rest of them? Not one full youth team player starting seems stupid if you ask me. cox doesn’t really count as youth team at the moment as he’s our first team back up up front

arthur

Kite at Centre Back??
As has been noted previously, he is more than adequate cover for Sweeney. This is the same back 3 that snuffed out FGR's attack in early January so well

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Bizarre line up. Why risk so many first teamers for this pointless match? Just play the majority of the u21s. I understand a couple who need minutes like cox, harper, grounds and chauke but why risk the rest of them? Not one full youth team player starting seems stupid if you ask me. cox doesn’t really count as youth team at the moment as he’s our first team back up up front
There's money to be made for winning games, which I'd guess plays a part in the line up

DJG.ECFC

There's money to be made for winning games, which I'd guess plays a part in the line up
It’s the pizza cup I doubt the prizes are very big. Our squad is paper thin as it is there’s more money to be made by not getting needless injuries which could result in us getting relegated.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s the pizza cup I doubt the prizes are very big. Our squad is paper thin as it is there’s more money to be made by not getting needless injuries which could result in us getting relegated.
8 changes from Saturdays line-up. Relax.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
£10k for winning a Trophy game. Good money for us.