• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green Rovers - 24: September

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What a ballache of a place to get to even on a Saturday!

I'm 54 miles away as I'm staying in Stratford upon Avon on the Friday night but the train route sends me almost home via Reading 😡

I think I'll give this a miss.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

I'm 54 miles away as I'm staying in Stratford upon Avon on the Friday night but the train route sends me almost home via Reading 😡

I'm hoping to stay in Worcester and should make this one. First away game for yonks.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
My birthday weekend. I won't be there. Two visits is more than enough for me.

Oldsmobile-88

What was strange last season was the Beer Tent for away supporters disappeared, it must have made a good profit seeing as the nearest pub is some distance away & away supporters are not allowed in the Social Club under the main stand...The space for the tent was required for the extra car parking I was told by a steward. It seemed at odds with the ethos of the club 😁

StroudGrecian

Think you said you live in Aldershot - if so, it's the Alton line that's your problem, not the main line from Cheltenham to Paddington!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Think you said you live in Aldershot - if so, it's the Alton line that's your problem, not the main line from Cheltenham to Paddington!
I'd use the other Aldershot station that is on the Gatwick to Reading line. I can get to Stroud in under 2 hours. It's the next stage return journey I struggle with. I've taken the car previously but that's an awful lot of petrol!

Boyo

I'd use the other Aldershot station that is on the Gatwick to Reading line. I can get to Stroud in under 2 hours. It's the next stage return journey I struggle with. I've taken the car previously but that's an awful lot of petrol!
Even with the eyewatering cost of fuel, surely the cost of driving is lower than the extortionate costs of the train?

Oldsmobile-88

This would sell out for Grecians if it were not televised.
Shame it’s not a 5.30pm KO.

iscalad

Well that's a fat lot of use. I need 2 seats for me and Brother in law.

iscalad

Well 1 ticket per person was a Trust decision. A very unhappy Trust member has just sent a strongly worded e-mail to the Trust.