• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cheltenham Town FC Match Day Thread

Ash

Can't get to this one as I'm in Majorca but going to be watching whilst sipping cocktails by the pool. I know, it's a tough life!

I can't see anything short of 3 points today. No matter what the manager says or does, Cheltenham's players will be haunted by the game last week. 4-0 to the mighty Grecians. COYR!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Cheltenham will want revenge for the humiliation we gave them. Hopefully no injury problems and barring Brown it'll be our first choice XI.

See you there!

Jason's preview

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If City score first and early, I can see Chelts' heads drop, considering their recent form, and we could go on to score 3 or 4.
if they score first they will battle like hell, but we will overcome them and win 2-1 or 3-1.
So my prediction is
City win 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 2-1 or 3-1.

gilbertshoot

In days of yore, this is just the sort of game I've seen City stuff up but not with these guys. Cheltenham will have pride at stake but another professional display. 2:0

Bongo1959

This is a home win game on my list 3-0

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't get to this one as I'm in Majorca but going to be watching whilst sipping cocktails by the pool. I know, it's a tough life!

I can't see anything short of 3 points today. No matter what the manager says or does, Cheltenham's players will be haunted by the game last week. 4-0 to the mighty Grecians. COYR!
Can't get to this one as I'm flying to Turkey at kick off. After last Tuesday it would be typical City to not score which leads to a draw at best. However, our home form so far and Cheltenham general poor start suggests we should cruise this 3-0.

haka

After today's results we could be top, or in the bottom half. Probably neither.

A scrappy 2-1 after conceding early, the late winner scored by the surprise new signing, coming off the bench.

tom_ecfc

This will be a completely different game to the 7-0 cup game. How often do teams lose a 2nd game when winning by a large margin in the first game. I’m going for a 2-2 draw, but really feel this is a game we should be winning at home against another team which will in the lower areas of the league, if we want to become a permanent L1 side.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
1-0 MJ 78th minute 6868 for the attendance - not sure what term is given to two consecutive 68's apart from sad perhaps :)

David Treharne

Looks like you'll have missed the best of the day in Exeter, if you're only just getting up. It was a lovely bright sunny morning and now, at the time of writing it's clouded over, and it's a largely grey cloudy 18c. The wind has been flipping between W and WSW, but it's only blowing at 2.. We haven't had any appreciable rain in the last 24 hours and the rain we had mid-week seems like a distant memory, especially where grass growth is concerned. It should be an ideal afternoon for some flowing football, hopefully from City.
After the 7-0 it's going to be a difficult game, and without Jevani Brown we're that much less creative. I hope Coley will step up to the mark.
Update at 13:00 (or thereabouts).