• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge Utd FC v Exeter City FC Match Day Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
You just invented that mike
He certainly did, although in fairness, there was one occasion 12 months or so ago when they did disagree. As we know the Club produces a rolling three year budget and this is used as a marker to set Matt's playing budget. It includes a reasonable assessment for anticipated transfer income. Iirc Matt thought the figure used was unduly cautious and estimated there would be approximately £1m more incoming. In fact those much maligned, "money keepers" turned out to be correct ! However I am content that should such windfalls come our way, Matt's budget will be augmented !

IndoMike

I dunno, Geoff.
I already posted the reference, Geoff. Do I have to do that every time somebody questions it? You really need to read through the threads to get the info you need, Geoff. If you can't be arsed, then I can't be arsed to go through it all again.

IndoMike

He certainly did, although in fairness, there was one occasion 12 months or so ago when they did disagree. As we know the Club produces a rolling three year budget and this is used as a marker to set Matt's playing budget. It includes a reasonable assessment for anticipated transfer income. Iirc Matt thought the figure used was unduly cautious and estimated there would be approximately £1m more incoming. In fact those much maligned, "money keepers" turned out to be correct ! However I am content that should such windfalls come our way, Matt's budget will be augmented !
Are you saying I invented the quote from Matt Taylor about a Division 2 budget for a Div 1'team?

IndoMike

I dunno, Geoff.
I already posted the reference, Geoff. Do I have to do that every time somebody questions it? You really need to read through the threads to get the info you need, Geoff. If you can't be arsed, then I can't be arsed to go through it all again.
Error

IndoMike

It's a shame you accused me of lying

Exeter City budget 'doesn't change' after promotion to League One - Matt Taylor - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61259593

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

WXF

the usual "how dare you ask questions like this" brigade will rage
You have invented there being a brigade.

IndoMike

You have invented there being a brigade.
I'm a famous inventor......

BertTheCityFan

Did anyone see Richard Logan in the away end? Was lovely to chat to him and hear his views on Exeter.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Great guy and City Legend!! What did he have to say?