• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surprise, suprise: 61 of the 100 most deprived areas in the UK have received no levelling up funds. For 68% of those that did receive funding, it did not make up for the amount lost in core funding since 2016.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surprise, suprise: 61 of the 100 most deprived areas in the UK have received no levelling up funds. For 68% of those that did receive funding, it did not make up for the amount lost in core funding since 2016.
Levelling up was always a rather cruel gimmick from Piffle. He never intended to do it, and even if he did, he and his brainless cabinet would have no plan or idea how to implement it. It was a lie

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Levelling up was always a rather cruel gimmick from Piffle. He never intended to do it, and even if he did, he and his brainless cabinet would have no plan or idea how to implement it. It was a lie
It all sounds very good and lovely. But they never had a plan of what to do or how to fund it.

IndoMike

It all sounds very good and lovely. But they never had a plan of what to do or how to fund it.
The Red Wall fell for it hook line and sinker.
So did Cornwall, which desperately needs levelling up. The Cornish were turkeys who voted for Brexit.🙄. They surrendered a 400 million quid a year grant (if I'm not mistaken). How much of that have they got back from the Tories?

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Red Wall fell for it hook line and sinker.
So did Cornwall, which desperately needs levelling up. The Cornish were turkeys who voted for Brexit.🙄. They surrendered a 400 million quid a year grant (if I'm not mistaken). How much of that have they got from the Tories?
Unfortunately so.

Mr Jinx

Your interest level does not trump the need to confront you with the ‘real politique’ of the English electorate DB. 😉
Let it go Tav.

One thing that's quite apparent with DB and art (and some others here) is their inability to deal with the inconvenient truths. You know, like the Scotland question, the slumbering right wing press arsenal and lingering Leaver sensibilities. They deal with it largely by denial, so they can sleep a bit more soundly at night in their alternate world.

Hence why you'll hear stuff like: Brexit is done and history...Right wing press has way less influence...not many English bothered by SNP and Scottish independence ...etc...etc..ad infinitum.

Last edited:

DB9

Let it go Tav.

One thing that's quite apparent with DB and art (and some others here) is their inability to deal with the inconvenient truths. You know, like the Scotland question, the slumbering right wing press arsenal and lingering Leaver sensibilities. They deal with it largely by denial, so they can sleep a bit more soundly at night in their alternate world.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Pot, Kettle and Black comes to mind :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: No apology or admitting you were wrong after accusing me of running to the Mods to get your post deleted when they said it wasn't me? No? Didn't think so.

Mr Jinx

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Pot, Kettle and Black comes to mind :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: No apology or admitting you were wrong after accusing me of running to the Mods to get your post deleted when they said it wasn't me? No? Didn't think so.
And there's ppl calling me the Master of Deflection on here. Straightbackatcha

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know you are a staunch defender of democracy, but if you genuinely believe that the right-wing press has the power that you say it has, does that not bother you? You don't see a problem with a couple of billionaires having the power to choose who is PM?

I'm asking you to look at this objectively (more in hope than expectation).

DB9

No deflection there Jinxy, YOU accused me of living in alternative world, I disagree, Time will tell which one of us will be right. About that apology? No? Didn't think so.

#jinxymasterofdeflection.