• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale Match day Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Excellent performance and confirmation that as we know we have players very capable of playing at this level.

Hopefully some of the players whom MT is targeting may look at this and be persuaded that a move way out West may hold more positives than they first thought.

We still need steady back up players to ease the worry as to how we would fare if we were to lose a couple through injury or suspension.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Check out the mascot, Vicente Alberto Sturtridge. My nephew!
Sign him up - he's lucky, he is!

(can the remainder of the 31 monies be used to fund him coming over to be lucky mascot for every home game?)

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good tackle from Diabate. Ref thinks different so he gets a yellow card
Think the yellow was for kicking the ball away.

(the tackle was outstanding, btw - as was his recovery tackle when Hartridge was caught dawdling in possession)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Think the yellow was for kicking the ball away.

(the tackle was outstanding, btw - as was his recovery tackle when Hartridge was caught dawdling in possession)
On reflection you're right and I didn't pick up on that he'd kicked the ball away.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah, Just very old school way of doing things but we move on.
I miss the individuals who used to walk behind the marching band at half time holding a grey tarpaulin to catch the coins thrown from the crowd lol.

Reactions: DB9

tonykellowfan

Well I wasn't expecting that!

Great result and by the sounds of it a great performance too.

I agree with the poster above that this sort of form may well help us to sign players before the window closes.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
On reflection you're right and I didn't pick up on that he'd kicked the ball away.
It seemed very harsh but if referees are going to be consistent this season at booking players who kick the ball away then that can only be a good thing.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
First half hour was very similar to the last day of last season. Very tight and scrappy, but once Harry Goal of the season Kite scored there was only winner. Brown and Nombe are excellent together and with a bit more depth we should be ok. Blackman looks decent enough and Diabate was excellent.

Be nice if people washed properly in these temperatures
Probably saving water !