• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of my all time favourite films. It nearly ended up in pieces on the cutting room floor though. When completed it was thought to be too politically sensitive for the time, and thoughts turned to chopping it up to turn it into something less controversial for TV. Fortuitously George Harrison and his Handmade Films stepped in to buy it and put it out on its rightful place on the silver screen.
Yes , I did notice a few non pc bits too that would make your toes curl today ! Good film for its time though as you say.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Franchise Affair (1951)

Two women living in an isolated house are accused of kidnapping a teenage girl, and face much public hostility. Solicitor Michael Denison sets out to prove their innocence. An early role (as a garage mechanic) for Kenneth More, a couple of years before he became a star. Decent film. 7 out of 10.

Banksy

The Franchise Affair (1951)

Two women living in an isolated house are accused of kidnapping a teenage girl, and face much public hostility. Solicitor Michael Denison sets out to prove their innocence. An early role (as a garage mechanic) for Kenneth More, a couple of years before he became a star. Decent film. 7 out of 10.
For a minute I thought it was going to be all about MK Dons.

Alistair20000

Kevin Pietersen is always rabbiting on about franchises.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I gave it 7 out of 10, not 0.0007!

Banksy

The Shoes of the Fisherman 1968.After spending decades in a Siberian Gulag labor camp, Roman Catholic priest Kiril Lakota ably played by Anthony Quinn is set free by the Russian leader played by Sir Laurence Olivier.at the height of the Cold War, when Russia and China are locked in conflict.. Following the death of the pope , played by Sir John Gielgud , Lakota ends up elected as pope against all odds .As a pope, the humble Lakota becomes an advocate for ending world hunger and poverty. There is also a side story about an affair between a reporter played by David Janssen and a young woman under the nose of Janssen’s increasingly suspicious wife. Very well acted and filmed and sporting an illustrious cast.Even had an interval halfway through plus a musical overture at the beginning. 9/10 for Quinn and Olivier’s acting.

Mr Jinx

One film you won't be able to catch is Batgirl.

In an unprecedented move, due to it being so awful, the studios refused to release it having written off the $90m costs.

I'm really hoping it's leaked at some point just to see how bad it actually is.

Surely can't be as bad as Battlefield Earth?

DB9

One film you won't be able to catch is Batgirl.

In an unprecedented move, due to it being so awful, the studios refused to release it having written off the $90m costs.

I'm really hoping it's leaked at some point just to see how bad it actually is.

Surely can't be as bad as Battlefield Earth?
You know that this film will become a must see cult film amongst the DC Universe Nerds and they'll be a burnt copy of a DVD Rom that some will pay a fortune for.

Alistair20000

Barbarella (1968)

Utter bilge apart from Hanoi Jane in various poses of undress, the evilness of Anita Pallenberg as the Great Tyrant and a cameo from Milo O’ Shea as the deranged Durand-Durand.

I guess Roger Vadim wanted to show off his trophy wife.

Must check my psychocardiogram

angelic upstart

I watched Natural Born Killers last night.

Good soundtrack. I've seen it years back and thought I need to watch this after whacking down a load of shrooms and I'd get it properly. I feel the same way now.