• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Port Vale Build- Up & Predictions

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As for Saturday’s game, I think it’ll be close and decided by the odd goal. Hopefully Blackman will make his debut and it’ll be nice if we have an extra striker in by then too.

1-0 to City, Nombe once again. Att: 7,210

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just a reminder if tickets for the two side stands do sell out the big Bank is a standing terrace and it doesn't matter how early you get there you'll have to stand during the game

:)

David Treharne

It's worth mentioning at this time that British Gas are slowly working their way down Well Street towards the railway bridge laying new gas mains. There are already traffic hazards along the main part of Well Street and they're currently approaching the corner of St James Road. Probably an area best avoided by motorists at the moment,and potential hazards for pedestrians. Just so you know!

Number13

Far, far too early for it to be an important game. Remember this last time we were all bigging up Orient as promotion favourites and then thought Bristol Rovers might be in line for relegation after their terrible defensive performance a week later.
Disagree - any game against a team in the mini league at the foot of the table is important not to get beat - if we pass this off as not-imprtant it just puts more pressure on the games against the bigger fish later on. Look at our run in, that'll be tough, we need points early

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disagree - any game against a team in the mini league at the foot of the table is important not to get beat - if we pass this off as not-imprtant it just puts more pressure on the games against the bigger fish later on. Look at our run in, that'll be tough, we need points early
Agree, I have this down as an important fixture on 2 counts:

1- We need to be getting results at home against teams who are likely to be with us at the wrong end of the table
2- The longer we go without a win the more the pressure builds and (believe it or not) people start to get restless. With a tough game away to Cambridge after then a really tough home game against Wycombe we could do with a win.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Every game is important. The three points on Saturday could be the difference between autos, play offs or relegation. Every point contributes to the total, right?

Leedsvaliant

Vale fan in peace. As others have said I think it's going to be a tight game and very different to our end of season game last year.

We started well on Saturday, albeit against a team that isn't expected to pull up trees. Both teams need to try and keep the momentum from last season really.

Thought Exeter looked like the best team we played at Vale Park last season, and it seems you've kept with continuity and have struggled to bring in players, as have we. We only had 3 new players playing on Saturday, 1 was a 17 year old forward promoted from our youth team, and another was on loan to us up until Christmas.

We've brought in a couple of others that came off the bench but we won't be that much different to when you played us a few weeks ago. Unfortunately Wilson is out injured until probably next week and he can be our game changer.

We won't beat you by playing better technical football as I think you have the better technical players but our workrate and running power is up there as some of the best in the division. I think we use a similar system to you with wing backs and two ball playing centre halves either side of a stopper.

To be honest, a defeat wouldn't be a disaster but we have some tough fixtures coming up, so we could do with getting points on the board. I'd snap your hand off for a draw. Exeter has always been a tough place to go but hopefully with 7 or 800 fans behind us we can get something.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just a reminder if tickets for the two side stands do sell out the big Bank is a standing terrace and it doesn't matter how early you get there you'll have to stand during the game

:)
Fake news Hants! If I wish to, I will bleddy well sit down on the terracing of the Big Bank as there is bugger all in the ground regulations to prevent me ! :cool:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who decides on what teams are in this so called mini league at the bottom of the table? It's impossible to predict, particularly in div 1 and 2.

Put us in the Championship and we know for sure we're in a relegation scrap, but who decided we're not competitive in L1? It's an unknown and I bet the 6 or 7 teams you think will be at the bottom will be spread out evenly across the table come the end of the season.