• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Congratulations to England Women

wiveygrecian

I'd argue that the ladies England team would give our men a run for the money, they're very organized, pass well and can finish.
Hahahahahaha
Not a chance 10-0 minimum score line to the men !!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hahahahahaha
What before half time?

wiveygrecian

What before half time?
Oh yes of course !!

cannockred

But really we have to take each post on its merits (except the politics thread 🙄)..
I'm just saying that there is a block of posters who won't accept any input or criticism at all of the club. I just don't think that's a very British way of doing things. I always say when I'm abroad that one of our strengths is our readiness to protest/ complain when we think things should be better, and this is one of the reasons why as a nation we have progressed so wel0l (...until Cameron started the rot).
I don't know the history of the particular poster but if his complaint is valid - and I have no reason to suspect otherwise - then it should have been dealt with. If it's not true then he is a very naughty boy and far from being the Messiah
Mike, theres a block of posters, especially on the politics thread, who think their opinion is right and post piles and piles of quotes to prove they are correct. Even if, as it seems at the moment, there is only one opinion. Strangely, not the views of those governing our country. Still not everybody believes that if you quote rubbish often enough, it becomes a fact.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mike, theres a block of posters, especially on the politics thread, who think their opinion is right and post piles and piles of quotes to prove they are correct. Even if, as it seems at the moment, there is only one opinion. Strangely, not the views of those governing our country. Still not everybody believes that if you quote rubbish often enough, it becomes a fact.
Everyone on every thread thinks their opinion is correct, Cannockred. None of us here is an expert on footie, politics etc but we still give our views. If we only posted on topics we are expert in this website would be like a desert island .
I don't have any idea who TVR is or if has a hidden agenda. I read his post at face value, assumed it was true, and thought he had a genuine complaint. When I saw one or two posters pile in on him, my opinion was that it seemed unfair. I also said that Exeter City is a great club but not perfect and like any institution can make mistakes, be too busy to deal with a complaint, etc etc.
I also said that the admirable thing about England is that we do indeed complain about poor service etc, which means that some companies are embarrassed enough to improve things
So, maybe I have missed your point, due to reading it very early morning here, but as far as I'm concerned there's nothing untoward about my post.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
As I've said before, the worst thing to come out of this tournament is the constant digs at the men's side. Everyone loved them this time last year, what was wrong with England's team spirit last summer? I thought it was superb. Unfortunately, just because they earn well they are berated.
This. What seems to be a constant need to diss the men's team. Absolutely no need for if as there is nothing to compare.

Average Joe

None of us here is an expert on footie
Speak for yourself

Based on my championship manager skills, and the fact every year I'm always up there on fantasy football, and I won Exeweb Beat The Bookie in 2017 I would 100 percent class myself as a football expert.

I even called the signing of Lee Sharpe a waste of money and what happens two games later......

tonykellowfan

I don't have any idea who TVR is or if has a hidden agenda.
I suspect quite a lot of people know who TVR is. He is a friend of mine. He doesn't have any hidden agenda, he is a passionate fan of the club and travels all over the country to watch ECFC. He regularly travels to mid week away games in the middle of winter on his own that he could watch on ifollow, and in my opinion is top fan and supporter of the club.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hahahahahaha
It's interesting. My mother in law who knows sod all about football watched the women's final and said she thought they could give the men a run for their money. I responded with I doubt they would beat Exmouth Town, and she laughed saying don't be ridiculous!

Philecfc

I was at Wembley on Sunday and it was a good game of two good evenly matched teams. They play hard and fair (at the moment) but as the game progresses I am sure the same will happen as it has in the men's game as more money is involved. But the one thing everyone has not mentioned is Germany lost their best player in the warm up
and if Pop had played I honestly think the result could have been different