• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Congratulations to England Women

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's because nobody tries to compare male and female athletes. Although they compete in the same sport they stand alone from each other and don't try to be compared unlike what has been happening for the last two weeks and has been hyped up even more over the 24 hours. Womens football is so very different in so many ways both on the pitch and in the stands and the quicker it learns to stand on it's own two feet, and that goes back to my post earlier this afternoon, the better it will be for the womens game in England. It's a two way street though, the women have to stop trying to compare themselves to the men as much much as the male public need to stop comparing the womens game to the mens.
I didn't hear any comparisons throughout the tournament from the players or the TV coverage. Just because some people on social media/forums/vox pops might do doesn't need to be projected on to the game itself as a negative.

As you know, I love football. It gives me joy (the supporting bit gives me other emotions as well 🙂) whether watching men's, women's or the kids kicking around in the park out the back of my house. This tournament has given me many moments of that joy. That's what matters.

DB9

I'd argue that the ladies England team would give our men a run for the money, they're very organized, pass well and can finish.
Not a preverbial hope in hell could they give the men's team a run for their money, Even the World Champions the USA played an equivilent of a Sixth Form/College boys team and were stuffed i think about 8-0, In no way should the two be compared, Let this win for England's women's team be for them, They did the hard work against a good German women's team, I'm hoping this win and feel good factor will filter down to the women's domestic leagues once their season starts. Once again, Well done the Lionesses you were so frigging good and have a top class coach, The next women's WC is the obvious next stage and that will be realy hard, Not the qualification but the finals themselves, The group stages will be similar to the Euro's but in their WC knockouts there are teams that are stronger than us but i'm confidant with this coach she will give the Lionesses a decent chance of doing really well.

denzel

Who cares? Just sit back and enjoy it.

Or not. Its up to you

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not a preverbial hope in hell could they give the men's team a run for their money, Even the World Champions the USA played an equivilent of a Sixth Form/College boys team and were stuffed i think about 8-0, In no way should the two be compared, Let this win for England's women's team be for them, They did the hard work against a good German women's team, I'm hoping this win and feel good factor will filter down to the women's domestic leagues once their season starts. Once again, Well done the Lionesses you were so frigging good and have a top class coach, The next women's WC is the obvious next stage and that will be realy hard, Not the qualification but the finals themselves, The group stages will be similar to the Euro's but in their WC knockouts there are teams that are stronger than us but i'm confidant with this coach she will give the Lionesses a decent chance of doing really well.

DB9

Thanks for that, I couldn't remember the exact scoreline but I knew the game happened, They were even younger than i thought. 👍

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just hope that this hype does continue and people actually start going to WSL games. All good and well Karen's piping up to say how amazing the girls are and they are better than men, they need to actually continue their support after the hype has died down.

Thames Valley Red

You are Olivia's dad or what was the other one that got ban called, kept spouting off about the women's game, anyway I claim my £5 (have to share with whoever comes up with the other poster's name)
Not sure I understand the above post. But did we fill the Spot, or have I just pointed out a missed opportunity, yet we keep being asked to just put our hands in our pockets. A family member tells me that there is loads of stock in the shop, in boxes and they informed them not checked in - it will take a week to do so. Yet in those boxes are tops for the new season, at prime time selling opportunity. The family member asked for something - but it was not checked in yet - a sale lost. Before anyone says talk to the club direct, I have done that and now they refuse to answer questions. I am still have a query from Tranmere tickets from last season - despite a query and 3 attempts to get an answer no response. I think I was double charged - no response.

DB9

Not sure I understand the above post. But did we fill the Spot, or have I just pointed out a missed opportunity, yet we keep being asked to just put our hands in our pockets. A family member tells me that there is loads of stock in the shop, in boxes and they informed them not checked in - it will take a week to do so. Yet in those boxes are tops for the new season, at prime time selling opportunity. The family member asked for something - but it was not checked in yet - a sale lost. Before anyone says talk to the club direct, I have done that and now they refuse to answer questions. I am still have a query from Tranmere tickets from last season - despite a query and 3 attempts to get an answer no response. I think I was double charged - no response.
Not to derail this thread but regarding the stock still in boxes perhaps its because if the shop still uses a % of volunteers then they either may not have enough or since this is the holiday period then they maybe away? I'd imagine there is a perfectly logical reason to this, Instead of going about it on here just engage your brain before your typing fingers, Just a thought. 🤷

tonykellowfan

A few years ago the England women's team played a friendly against a mens non-league team prior to a major tournament and got battered by a complete cricket score.

IndoMike

Not to derail this thread but regarding the stock still in boxes perhaps its because if the shop still uses a % of volunteers then they either may not have enough or since this is the holiday period then they maybe away? I'd imagine there is a perfectly logical reason to this, Instead of going about it on here just engage your brain before your typing fingers, Just a thought. 🤷
But in fairness to the poster, he did say he had contacted the club but not received any responses. We must stop jumping down the throats if people who might have a query or complaint. This is England, not Moscow Exeter City is a great club, but it's not perfect. In England the purpose of complaining is to make things better.
Thank God that at the moment we can still do that (although it often gets you nowhere).