• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are trying to get Sheffield United striker Will Osula on loan. Burton favourites but we have enquired.

iscalad

We are trying to get Sheffield United striker Will Osula on loan. Burton favourites but we have enquired.
He's very young

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's very young
He turns 19 this week so he’s not too young. Would much rather him than an injured crock like Vassell.

From what I’ve heard he was at the cat and fiddle today.. unless we’ve re-signed Luke Croll.

Max Payne 2

Callum Marshall from West Ham would be a good acquisition. Scored 4 to put Spurs to the sword in the U-19s Final at the weekend and looked a real handful.

IndoMike

To quote Matt we need somebody that is going to improve the squad, he is not taking on any body who is "ready to rumble" - I hope 🤞
I assume he signed Ajose to improve the squad, too.

IndoMike

Everyone's getting a bit ahead of themselves. If true, we currently have an ex championship striker on trial, who is 28 and has a history of scoring goals at a higher level. That's exactly the type of profile that MT said he was looking for.

As with any player that puts on the red and white, I'll reserve judgement until he plays. However, he's had success in the past, and if fit, theres no reason why he can't have success in the future.
Yes, the profile we're looking at is a player who hasn't played for 3 years due to a series of serious injuries. Perfect 🙄

I think we have to be realistic if he had of played regularly and scoring he wouldn't even be a viable option

As others have said as long as we don't pay a premium this could be a good option and will hopefully prove a good return on investment if he signs

Grecian Max

I assume he signed Ajose to improve the squad, too.
Vast majority of signings Taylor has made have been decent. Ajose didn’t even have a particularly bad injury record prior to joining us.

If we bring in Stansfield (or someone similar too) I think between the 3 it offers decent options and a fair bit superior than last seasons choices.

IndoMike

Vast majority of signings Taylor has made have been decent. Ajose didn’t even have a particularly bad injury record prior to joining us.

If we bring in Stansfield (or someone similar too) I think between the 3 it offers decent options and a fair bit superior than last seasons choices.
Ajose did have a bad injury record before we signed him.
If we bring in another bona- fide, "oven ready" striker then if we took Vassal on as a project to work on I guess that would be ok. But if he is the first choice after Nombe imo 🙄