• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would be an embarrassing signing...I don’t believe it for a second.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Used to watch Vassall at Truro, fast and skillful wanted City to get him in, but that was then, doubt he'd last long on the pitch these days.

Agent Andy

Build up his fit
Would be an embarrassing signing...I don’t believe it for a second.
why would he be training with us if we weren’t interested , I don’t lie 🫢🤨🤨

No problem if Vassel signs providing its short term and cheap ,until he proves he’s fit. We still need another decent striker though.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
why would he be training with us if we weren’t interested
There's a difference between "interested in signing him" and "sufficiently interested to be willing to have a look at him, but sceptical".

Trapdoor

If he's on a pay per play contract I've got no problems.

Grecianpasty

Everyone's getting a bit ahead of themselves. If true, we currently have an ex championship striker on trial, who is 28 and has a history of scoring goals at a higher level. That's exactly the type of profile that MT said he was looking for.

As with any player that puts on the red and white, I'll reserve judgement until he plays. However, he's had success in the past, and if fit, theres no reason why he can't have success in the future.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just because he might be training at the C&F doesn't necessarily mean he's on trial. He might just be training with us.

Simba3011

He's only scored 2 goals above league two level, of course Nombe's record wasn't great before he joined us but it's a slight concern.

budegrecian

Build up his fit

why would he be training with us if we weren’t interested , I don’t lie 🫢🤨🤨
l’m sure you don’t lie and believe that he is training with us. This of course may mean nothing.
However, there may be some logic to this: we can now use 5 subs, one of the best ways to protect Nombe may well be to take him off after 70 minutes or so. Being able to bring on a quality sub, who may only be able to last half an hour could be an ideal situation.
We would still need another striker though.