• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Congratulations to England Women

Thames Valley Red

Well done England Women for winning the tournament, would love to see the celebration social media photos from the Centre Spot, would be great to see those Trust England scarves being shown off the in the Spot. It is about time as a father a massive female football fan to see the club really encourage the game. With new Commercial team in place, would be great to see how well it was attended, and whether we attracted another diverse group of football supporters to the club. Check up the pictures please. Raising £160 in the Trust raffle for 'Kit out the Cliff' , how much did we raise from the final game?

gbjpc

Don’t you think the club encourages the women’s game? Personally I think they do a pretty good job.

gilbertshoot

Was brilliant to watch and such a refreshing alternative to all of the horrible ***** that went on before and after the men's final last year. No trouble, families watching in safety and a wonderful atmosphere. Lush ⚽🏆👍

Average Joe

I'd argue that the ladies England team would give our men a run for the money, they're very organized, pass well and can finish.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd argue that the ladies England team would give our men a run for the money, they're very organized, pass well and can finish.
Sorry but that's got to be a joke.

The Women were brilliant, great team spirit, the tournament played in a friendly environment etc but let's not exaggerate. There were 16 teams in the tournament and about 12 of them wouldn't even beat Okehampton Argyle.

Average Joe

The Women were brilliant, great team spirit, the tournament played in a friendly environment etc but let's not exaggerate. There were 16 teams in the tournament and about 12 of them wouldn't even beat Okehampton Argyle.
I'm not saying they'd win but they would not look stupid. Our girls are the best in Europe and up there with the best in the entire world. I respect them more then the mens, they've won more and shown a completely different level of team spirit,

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not saying they'd win but they would not look stupid. Our girls are the best in Europe and up there with the best in the entire world. I respect them more then the mens, they've won more and shown a completely different level of team spirit,
I respect them massively and I really hope the Women's game continues to progress but I'm afraid if they were to go toe to toe with the men we would be looking at a 15-0 scoreline.

As I've said before, the worst thing to come out of this tournament is the constant digs at the men's side. Everyone loved them this time last year, what was wrong with England's team spirit last summer? I thought it was superb. Unfortunately, just because they earn well they are berated.

Average Joe

As I've said before, the worst thing to come out of this tournament is the constant digs at the men's side. Everyone loved them this time last year,
Did they? We took the easier route in the Euros and lost, we've scored 1 goal in the las four games as well. Apart from the World Cup I've been disappointed with us for a while.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did they? We took the easier route in the Euros and lost, we've scored 1 goal in the las four games as well. Apart from the World Cup I've been disappointed with us for a while.
Fair enough, didn't realise people only liked a team when they were doing well (I think getting to a world cup semi final and a euro final is pretty impressive).

This time last year the whole country was getting right behind the team, saying how great it is to see young, hungry english players playing with pride. Now, just because the Ladies have done well, the Men's side are bunch of over paid, diving, spitting, cheating pansies. Can't get my head round it.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster

I agree. The tournament in general was made up of mediocre teams, of which Germany and England were the better two. I thought Germany were the better team though, and I dont quite know how they let that slip. Indecisive keeping was a huge factor for the winner. I'm by no means a USA Womans Soccer follower, and I cant stand Alex Morgan or Megan Rapinoe, but they would have won yesterdays game against either team by 4 or 5. Pity about the Germans cynical fouling througout as well. I have to say I did enjoy the Nike Sports Bra advert when the winner went in, thats getting more publicity than the goal that was scored in some quarters!