• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 22/23

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's now 2-0 to Tavistock.
3-0 to Tavistock.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
3-0 to Tavistock.
Confusingly Joe O'Connor is playing for City tonight and has just got us a goal back.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Finished 3-1 to Tavistock.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
any idea who was in our U23 team (apart from Joe O'Connor)?

AmberRed

any idea who was in our U23 team (apart from Joe O'Connor)?
Have we even got an U23 team? We didn't give any contracts out and the only ones I can think of, Pond and Iseguan, have been with the 1st team!

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Have we even got an U23 team? We didn't give any contracts out and the only ones I can think of, Pond and Iseguan, have been with the 1st team!
We may not have an U23 Team as such but we have Pond and Iseguan like you said, as well as Harry Lee and Sonny Cox that I would expect to play in the Premier League U23 Cup Competition that we enter most years. I believe you are allowed 3 over age players as well that can play in that and I'm sure the stronger U18 players like Borges, Billington, Alfie Clark, et al will play in it. I believe players out on loan can also still play in these games for the club so O'Conner and Daniels could also play.

andrew p long

We may not have an U23 Team as such but we have Pond and Iseguan like you said, as well as Harry Lee and Sonny Cox that I would expect to play in the Premier League U23 Cup Competition that we enter most years. I believe you are allowed 3 over age players as well that can play in that and I'm sure the stronger U18 players like Borges, Billington, Alfie Clark, et al will play in it. I believe players out on loan can also still play in these games for the club so O'Conner and Daniels could also play.
I think we may finally have a year when we don't qualify for the Group stages of the Premier League U23 Cup. There has always been a one-off qualifying tie. Because of how thin the squad is we won't be able to bulk out the U23 side with fringe first team players so its going to be much weaker than in previous years.

DawlishBouy

Tavistock’s twitter has an interview with their manager who thought City’s 2 best players were Joe O’Connor & Aamir Daniels. Sounds like a very one sided game in Tavi’s favour. Daniels played for them in their 2-0 win over Plymouth on Sunday.
The under 23 Premier League has been turned into an under 21 competition from this season and so, presumably, has the Cup that goes with it. With none of last season’s scholars being offered a contract and the decision to go with a much smaller squad this season we are going to struggle to put out a decent team.

andrew p long

andrew p long