• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What radio station do you listen to?

david61

Most of the bbc although no longer radio 1, also jazz fm.

dontpassback

Gold until 9.30 then Ken bruce for pop master,turn back to gold when vine comes on,then back to Steve Wright at 2pm,but after he has left it will be Ken bruce only,and the rest will be gold

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gold until 9.30 then Ken bruce for pop master,turn back to gold when vine comes on,then back to Steve Wright at 2pm,but after he has left it will be Ken bruce only,and the rest will be gold
Sort of comforting with Pop Master plus Ken Bruce's is really good at his job, It seems like loads stop to listen to the Pop master segment, Reminds me of the Simon Bates Our Tune back in the day, That seemed everyone stopped to listen to that as well.

Oldsmobile-88

Listened to Steve Allen on LBC the other week. He was on 0400-0700(it may have been a weekend)
I’ve never come across him before. He was very amusing with his look at life, plus his take on articles in the daily newspapers.
It is not a phone in as most shows on LBC are, but he does read out texts.

DB9

Listened to Steve Allen on LBC the other week. He was on 0400-0700(it may have been a weekend)
I’ve never come across him before. He was very amusing with his look at life, plus his take on articles in the daily newspapers.
It is not a phone in as most shows on LBC are, but he does read out texts.
Every time I start early and have a vehicle with DAB I always listen to him, He's very funny, Very cutting too, He's been on LBC since its first days of broadcasting back in the early 70's.

ecfc70

Very rarely listen to radio now, would normally plug in my ipod for music or a podcast.........but if I feel the need it would be radio x until I realise why I don't listin very often or talk sport when i know all the arsenal fans they have presenting on there are gonna self implode

DB9

Very rarely listen to radio now, would normally plug in my ipod for music or a podcast.........but if I feel the need it would be radio x until I realise why I don't listin very often or talk sport when i know all the arsenal fans they have presenting on there are gonna self implode
For me if I can LBC is my go to station, R2 if I can't get LBC, They have all political spectrum on it, Some real interesting guests and the bit I like are the phone ins, Having Joe Public ring in about issues of the day is very enlightening.

Oldsmobile-88

Bad news for insomniacs & early risers. Steve Allen has suddenly left LBC !
He had been at the station since the late 1970s. His early morning talk show 0400-0700 was absolutely hilarious. No phone ins, Just reading texts & commenting on the news in general both print & screen. He did not care who he upset with his sometimes acidic comments..Royalty, politicians plus the good, the great & ordinary mortals.
It was very sudden that he left LBC, one suspects the Radio Station were scared of one of his rants if he was given any notice.

DB9

Bad news for insomniacs & early risers. Steve Allen has suddenly left LBC !
He had been at the station since the late 1970s. His early morning talk show 0400-0700 was absolutely hilarious. No phone ins, Just reading texts & commenting on the news in general both print & screen. He did not care who he upset with his sometimes acidic comments..Royalty, politicians plus the good, the great & ordinary mortals.
It was very sudden that he left LBC, one suspects the Radio Station were scared of one of his rants if he was given any notice.
Sad news that he's leaving, He was though absent for a few weeks a while back due to ill health, Perhaps this is the reason he's stepping down? I've never known a person with such a dry wit and cutting comments could command a radio show just by talking about what's in the day's newspapers and gossip for 3 hours.