• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Trapdoor

Is Rowan Vine coming back?
Would be better off with Rowan Atkinson up front.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we manage to land Nathan Bishop and then sign Rowan Williams we'll have god on our side.

Banksy

With Baldrick as his number ten because he’s bound to have a cunning plan B.

Rosencrantz

Seeing as we are looking to add quality rather than quantity it was always likely to be this way. The higher the quality player, the more likely they are in demand with those clubs who can outspend us, particularly as our budget is the same. Otherwise they tend to wait to see what offers happen and if it looks like they are on the shelf, then they start listening to our offer. Now pre season is starting the ones waiting will start to get twitchy and we might get some more positive responses.

Loan deals also tend to be done later rather than sooner in the window although there are always exceptions. It's going to be all about patience I'm afraid.

andrew p long

Some loan players start to become available once either their club makes some signings that push them down the pecking order OR when line ups start to show they aren't going to get game time. Patience needed indeed. I wa starting to (privately) panic re keepers last season until Cam signed just 9 days before the season started.

rifraf

Disappointed Grounds hasn't signed extension offer he's fundamental in our left sided defence flexibility.

Also, worthy of note no.mention of players leaving ........yet. Mega surprised if we don't lose one.

Other youngsters should be offered extended contracts..... hopefully in hand.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn't sound like anything will be happening anytime soon. We'll definitely sign some players, they may just be our third choice for the positions we're after. x2 strikers, a keeper, a midfielder, and a full back (possibly 2 if Key goes). I don't mind the loans if they're decent like Dawson, not so keen if they're like Phillips.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread the similarity with Yeovil using the loan system whilst they were in the Championship and how it didn't work out. I don't think you can compare our strategy to Yeovil. If I remember correctly Yeovil had about 8 first team players who were loaned from other clubs. We will have 2 or 3 max mixed with our home grown players and permanent signings.

I like the fact MT aims for high quality with his first choice signings, however I'd hate for us to miss out on second choice players because we set our sights too high on our first choice, and thus ending up with third choice!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn't sound like anything will be happening anytime soon. We'll definitely sign some players, they may just be our third choice for the positions we're after. x2 strikers, a keeper, a midfielder, and a full back (possibly 2 if Key goes). I don't mind the loans if they're decent like Dawson, not so keen if they're like Phillips.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread the similarity with Yeovil using the loan system whilst they were in the Championship and how it didn't work out. I don't think you can compare our strategy to Yeovil. If I remember correctly Yeovil had about 8 first team players who were loaned from other clubs. We will have 2 or 3 max mixed with our home grown players and permanent signings.

I like the fact MT aims for high quality with his first choice signings, however I'd hate for us to miss out on second choice players because we set our sights too high on our first choice, and thus ending up with third choice!
Listening to MT looks like we are going with what we have - good news is that some of the young players appear to have bulked out eg Iseguan and could move up this season. Hope Sonny comes good and Kyle recovers soon. UTC

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listening to MT looks like we are going with what we have - good news is that some of the young players appear to have bulked out eg Iseguan and could move up this season. Hope Sonny comes good and Kyle recovers soon. UTC
Huh? He clearly said we need four or five players.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Huh? He clearly said we need four or five players.
If we can't afford them they won't arrive !